Thread: So, can basic action dice energy be split now?

So, can basic action dice energy be split now?

I'm referring to cards saying "use (1) *in a circle like on a basic action die, but with a 1, not a 2*"

Is that simply referring to being able to use any type of energy, or could one energy be "declared" used from a BAC showing 2, and one energy be used in another purchase?

If that is the case, I'm assuming it can only be split up if there's a global or whatever that asks for (1).

I feel like this is stupid because Wasp already had it, but with "Use" as a thing now, I just wanted to double check since I judge.

They always could be split as long as you were declaring how you splitting it and paid both costs.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    Clarify?

So if I have a (2) face showing, I can spend 1 with a bolt to buy a shield agent, and the other 1 of it with a shield to buy a Hellblazer?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    Clarify?

So if I have a (2) face showing, I can spend 1 with a bolt to buy a shield agent, and the other 1 of it with a shield to buy a Hellblazer?
    Precisely that.

War of Light Rulebook, page 9:
    For generic energy dice, any unused portion that is not immediately spent is lost. However, you can purchase multiple dice simultaneously to spend a generic die completely.
    Page 10
    When you field a character, you must pay energy equal to the character’s fielding cost as shown in the upper left corner of the die. This cost can be paid with any type of energy, even generic. As with purchasing dice, you can partially spend non-generic dice, and you can pay more than one cost at once to fully spend a generic-energy die.

You can do that if you're paying for the stuff at the same time - you just can't save for later.

To answer your question, that simply indicates that you're paying a generic energy, so absolutely anything can satisfy the cost.