Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing Spider-Man Spoilers

Amazing Spider-Man Spoilers

I wanted to get our official spoiler thread going here, please see the thread HERE for speculation discussion.

Please add any official information as it comes here!

Thanks to @nutki for his assessment of the information so far:

This article mentions or shows the following (AV = avengers, HH = heroes for hire, SS = sinister six, AF = amazing friends):

Spider-Woman (AV, starter)
    White Tiger (starter)
    Drax (starter)
    Carnage (starter)
    Kingpin (starter)
    Spider-Man (starter)
    Ghost Rider (starter)
    Silver Sable (HH, starter)
    Cloak
    Daredevil
    Black Cat
    Firestar (AF)
    Iceman (AF)
    Luke Cage (HH)
    Black Widow (AV)
    Aunt Mary
    Mary Jane
    Green Goblin
    Lizard
    Rhino
    Doctor Octopus (SS)
    Kraven the Hunter (SS)
    Mysterio (SS)
    Vulture (SS)
    Agent Venom
    Gladiator
    Wolverine
    Hulk
    Spider-Girl
    Gwen Stacy
    Sandman (SS, off screen, but must be there as a part of the original sinister six)

Likely cards from previous spoilers:
    Iron Fist
    Web Shooters
    Goblin Glider
    Iron Spider
    Scarlet Spider
    Dagger
    Jack O'Lantern
    Blink

This is 39 in total, 1 die short.
    Also the card count is 142, indicating likely 4 more zombies.

Edit: 2 more dice added.
    Edit: Blink added

Here are my Notes, no particular order:

The Amazing Spider-Man - November 2015
    Allies, Underdog, Sinister 6 - Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Gwen Stacy, Aunt May, Blink, The Sinister Six, Agent Venom, Cloak, and Dagger
    over 30 Heroes ->

I have Hobgoblin in place of Jack o'Lantern.

Iron Fist for sure is out. RDW only promo.

My card List:
    Carnage, Drax, Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Silver Sable, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, White Tigert (Starters)
    Agent Venom, Aunt May, Black Cat, Black Widow, Blade, Blink, Cloak, Dagger, Daredevil, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Firestar, Gladiator, Goblin Glider, Green Goblin, Gwen Stacy, Hobogoblin (Jack O'Lantern doesn't fit card numbering in the GTM188 article), Hulk, Iceman, Iron Spider, Kraven the Hunter, Lizard, Luke Cage, Mary Jane, Mysterio, Rhino, Sandman, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Girl, The Vulture, Web Shooters, Wolverine

Still not 100% sure, but it drops right into the release numbering for spoiled cards.

Aftershock, Man would love some more information about aftershock keyword. And if the Spidey affiliation is Spider-Men, or some other variation of Spidey Friends.

Four Zombies I have are - Carnage, Green Goblin, Kingpin, and Sandman. We know for sure Green Goblin Rotting Goblin was spoiled in GTM, along with "Spideys Greatest Villains"

Based on the way Hulk and Sandman are both worded Aftershock is probably "when this character deals combat damage do thing in clean up step"

This thread has a spoiler of all dice logos, so we (basically) have a full character list:

http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...ing-Spider-Man

Thanks to @pk2317 for this information:

Swinging into stores this fall from WizKids is Marvel Dice Masters' fourth set Marvel Dice Masters: The Amazing Spider-Man.

High school student Peter Parker received his abilities when bitten by a radioactive spider and vowed to use his powers to help people. Dice Masters players will be able to follow Spider-Man's lead and accept his "with great power comes great responsibility" philosophy or choose to side with one of the most dangerous rogue's galleries in comic books. Rather than fighting for pure good or evil, players will have more than 30 characters available to build their teams.

Spider-Man is among the most versatile heroes in Marvel Comics and this is represented by the multiple versions of the character delivered in the Marvel Dice Masters: The Amazing Spider-Man set. Players can select the gutsy Spider-Man who protects New York, the armored scientist Iron Spidey, or various incarnations from throughout the Spider-Verse. Hailing from Earth 982, Spider-Girl May Parker debuts in this set as an example of the spider-themed diversity. Each different version of Spider-Man brings its own flavor and strategy to further your Dice Masters play.

The set is great for Rainbow Draft since players will be able to draft from the different versions of Spider-Man and many of his popular allies. As players pick cards and dice they'll be selecting various Marvel Team-Up co-stars: Cloak & Dagger, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Black Cat. Players may improve their team by selecting Firestar or Iceman, who appear in the set as Amazing Friends. Other potential draft targets include Heroes for Hire, Luke Cage and Silver Sable, or Avengers, Black Widow and Spider-Woman.

Spider-Man's various allies aren't all known for their heroics. Aunt May and Mary Jane appear in the set with the new Ally keyword. These characters are bought as normal, but while fielded they also count as Sidekicks. In addition to supporting your heroes, these characters can be used to trigger abilities like White Tiger: New Avenger, whose attack increases when a Sidekick is fielded.

Another new strategy introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man set is the Underdog mechanic. Underdog represents characters overcoming the odds and rising to the occasion in extraordinary circumstances. Drax: The Destroyer uses Underdog to rush into battle for free and attempt to even the odds for his fellow Guardians of the Galaxy teammates.

For players who truly find Spider-Man to be a "Public Menace," there will be many foes who are prepared to help you defeat him. A pair featured in the Starer Set ($19.99 MSRP) are the symbiote Carnage and underworld boss Kingpin. Found in foil packs are classic Spider-Man villains like Green Goblin, Lizard, Rhino, and the gropu organized by Doctor Octopus, the original Sinister Six. Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Sandman, and Vulture all make their Dice Masters debuts in an attempt to defeat Spider-Man.

Players new to Dice Masters will have the opportunity to collect additional popular characters from previous sets, but existing players will be excited to see the newer twist on these characters. The symbiote Venom returns as the popular Agent Venom, while Gladiator debuts without the Z-virus. Wolverine and Hulk debut as shield energy characters in the set, with all-new cards and dice. In addition to changing energy types, Hulk: Planet Hulk carries the new mechanic: Aftershock.

Just because Gladiator doesn't have the Z-virus doesn't mean there are no Marvel Zombies to be found in the set. Four of Spider-Man's deadliest foes appear infected by the virus. When fielded, these characters will KO their non-Z-virus-infected counterparts and make Spider-Man's day more difficult in addition to their normal abilities. Green Goblin: Rotting Goblin deal damage to opponents for each fielded Sidekick and sends Spider-Man straight to the Used Pile. These super-rare cards will excite both collectors and players alike.

With over 140 cards in Marvel Dice Masters: The Amazing Spider-Man, players will have many new options for their epic dice battles. Additionally, a themed Team Box, Dice Bag, and Playmat will be available. Players can challenge their friends or head to the WizKids Event System (www.wizkidseventsystem.com) to find local events!

This is from the October 2015 issue of Game Trade Magazine #188.

Here's what's been posted on Facebook so far (Thanks to @KennedyHawk !):

Edit: I should read the other replies first, this was linked already. But anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Thanks to @nutki for his assessment of the information so far:
    There was a later, updated version. The difference is no Jack O'Lantern and no Iron Fist, but yes to Blade, Electro (was in the article, I missed it) and Hobgoblin.

Here it is:
    Agent Venom
    Aunt May
    Black Cat
    Black Widow
    Blade
    Blink
    Carnage
    Cloak
    Dagger
    Daredevil
    Doctor Octopus
    Drax
    Electro
    Firestar
    Ghost Rider
    Gladiator
    Goblin Glider
    Green Goblin
    Gwen Stacy
    Hobgoblin
    Hulk
    Iceman
    Iron Spider
    Kingpin
    Kraven the Hunter
    Lizard
    Luke Cage
    Mary Jane
    Mysterio
    Rhino
    Sandman
    Scarlet Spider
    Silver Sable
    Spider-Girl
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Woman
    The Vulture
    Web Shooters
    White Tiger
    Wolverine

Zombie Carnage
    Zombie Green Goblin
    Zombie Kingpin
    Zombie (Hobgoblin Morbius?)

The list of characters was based on the background image here: http://wizkids.com/dicemasters/marve...ng-spider-man/ (the page is not linked yet but the address was easy enough to guess).
    Since we have a lot of clues from the articles and dice images and there is additional information with the dice face images being somewhat in alphabetical order in the image we can be sure that this was the character list at some point of development (the same way we learned that Fantasticar and Invisible Woman where planned for the UXM set).

Some other facts based on the spoiled image:

Reused character dice:
    Agent Venom (Venom)
    The Vulture (Falcon?)
    Spider-Woman
    Ghost Rider
    Doctor Octopus

New dice for existing characters:
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    Wolverine
    Spider-Man
    Iceman
    Green Goblin
    Last edited by nutki; 09-29-2015 at 11:30 AM.

SO.... I've been looking at that last zombie die, and I honestly think it might be a Morpheus. IIRC the vampires were integral to the Zombie story arc, and that it has pointed ears and what looks like long hair. Perusing Spidey's Rogues Gallery, Morpheus seems like the most likely candidate. This could be a zombie version, or just a one of character, but either way he' have fangs, pointy ears and long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    SO.... I've been looking at that last zombie die, and I honestly think it might be a Morpheus. IIRC the vampires were integral to the Zombie story arc, and that it has pointed ears and what looks like long hair. Perusing Spidey's Rogues Gallery, Morpheus seems like the most likely candidate. This could be a zombie version, or just a one of character, but either way he' have fangs, pointy ears and long hair.
    I think you mean Morbius

Morbius is pretty important to the whole Marvel Zombies thing, the anti-zombie serum was actually made from his blood. He also has a lot of history with Spider-Man. I kinda hope it is, but mostly because I'd like to see Midnight Sons be in Dice Masters some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Morbius is pretty important to the whole Marvel Zombies thing, the anti-zombie serum was actually made from his blood. He also has a lot of history with Spider-Man. I kinda hope it is, but mostly because I'd like to see Midnight Sons be in Dice Masters some day.
    It does feel like every Marvel comic game inevitably has a Midnight Sons or Marvel Knights set eventually. I'd be down for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Looks like a good guess. Here is a similarly styled image: http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...background.jpg
    I will update the list.

I put the names of all the symbols onto @nutki 's image:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dice Names.png 
Views:	500 
Size:	304.3 KB 
ID:	3285

Electro? Sorry, didn't see the updated character list.

I was kind of hoping that pumpkin icon was pumpkin bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Basementcuts View Post
    I was kind of hoping that pumpkin icon was pumpkin bombs.
    It has stats - character not action.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    It has stats - character not action.
    It's possible we will get an action with stats someday. I'd be open to this as a progression in the game. A weapon that equips and gives different defense/offense boosts based on the stats, or costs more to field etc. It gives them more balance design space.

That being said I think this is a character not an action.

Just saw this image on facebook.

Did we learn any new or interesting states.

Ice-man is a defensive character has at least one side the same as his UXM counter part at 1/3/6 is it his level 2 side again?

Dagger Mysteriou and Aunt May all with a 0 fielding cost side.

I don't even see a Mysterio die in the bucket, but Blink has a 0 cost side.

Drax is only a 4/6 at most? I want him to hit harderrrrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    I don't even see a Mysterio die in the bucket, but Blink has a 0 cost side.
    I'm seeing him under Venom on the right hand side but I may be blind.