Thread: Iron Fist

Iron Fist

It looks like the price for the Iron Fist dice have leveled off from the original sales and are trending closer to $15-$20 each vs. the $40-$50 each we had feared. The latest auction for 4x ended at $71 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/281810672770...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) with the reserve not met, which was the second time this had happened.
    I can totally live with this guy floating around $15-$20 (or the cost of a low end super rare) and having a shot at actually picking up four of the dice to play him.

But the reserve wasn't met, so it didn't actually sell at that price. It's this weird thing where the initial auctions have made it so sellers and buyers have two different expectations. I guess we'll see in a bit where it levels off.

Exactly @Scum it's been listed and bid upon twice with the reserve not met and the auction not being sold. There was a auction on the 27th for $40 for two dice and another on the 28th for $20 for one die and then on the 26th 4 dice for "best off accepted" which I would guess at $100. While there is an active auction listed at $90 for three dice no one is even sniffing at.
    I just want to play this dude, with luck it levels off closer to the lower side.
    As an aside PM me your Iron Fist team if you are inclined .

I actually haven't specifically built a team for Iron Fist, but he slots in any ramp team that wants fists.

One of the listings is being sold by SlapsterMcFlash, unless I'm very much mistaken.

I sold my extra blank and full-art cards with two dice for $40 within minutes of listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    One of the listings is being sold by SlapsterMcFlash, unless I'm very much mistaken.
    Yeah - it was pretty sweet.

Like any other commodity, I noticed that a certain independent store was selling a certain amount for a certain price. I paypal'd them sitting at my computer after calling and e-mailing from the same place. I got the package, checked it, and made an eBay listing. Said listing sold for a profit of $20, without having to even dip into my personal supply of 4 Iron Fist. I sleeved the cards, put extra hard backing in the padded envelope, sealed it, and labeled it - to give to my mailman, as I always do with my packages, and they always get sent.

So, in essence, I spent a grand total of ten, possibly fifteen minutes, not having to move a muscle above my hips, sitting at a computer, e-mailing, paypaling, receiving a package, and repackaging said package to give to the mailman, and made $20.

I'll do that as many times as someone offers.

Yes, I had to buy the cards before I could sell them, but it takes money to make money, and scared money don't make money.

It was definitely a gamble, and I was definitely worried I might have to take a loss at a certain point, but the market pulled through for me, in the end, as I suspected they would. I definitely got scared nobody would end up bidding, but I would've bet from the get-go that eventually, someone was going to bite the bullet and pay the exuberant price; but hey, nobody forced them to.

If people don't want them to sell for so much... don't pay so much - it's a pretty simple concept. Convention, etc... exclusives, and them being sold for 2x+ the price they were bought for is very standard for Wizkids.

So how much do you guys feel you will use this card? Have you started putting it in teams?

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    So how much do you guys feel you will use this card? Have you started putting it in teams?
    Unfortunately it is a very usable card, on its own it kills Johnny Storm builds and takes the bite out of a lot of others. Combine it with Human Paladin Global or better yet Captain America Super Soldier and it kills direct damage dead! No gobby, no tsarina, no lantern ring, rare wasp, obelisk etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    I have been looking at my current two teams I am playing and asked if either of these two cards would be an improvement to the build I am currently using. The answer is no. I could build teams around them. I did in fact build a cool Batman / Robin / Action Dice team with Batmobile in it.
    It is not like, hey we are playing constructed and Ron's here. You know what that means, seeing Prismatic Spray and Red Dragon Global when you play him.