Thread: Good team? Or good cards?

Quote Originally Posted by doodle View Post
    Is this actually a good Tier 1 team to take to FLGS, or is it simply just a pile of powerful cards?

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=4x...35bff;3x136bff
    Teams alright. Id take out fatality and go for Kobolds. Added with Anger Issues and Green Goliath to field Wipe. Human Torch plus Kobolds/Sidekicks are heavy in pinging away a team. Plus, Kobolds give you extra ramp to build up to Hulk/Human Paladin. Iceman for Blue EYes White Dragon - Monstrous Dragon. For safe spot removal maybe Millennium Puzzle. Or Grundy. Both work.

Fatality will only give you 3 damage each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgemental View Post
    I like your team! You probably want to rethink giving away the Human Paladin global since you want to win with Ring likely. Captain America - Super Soldier from AoU might be a similar answer to other ring teams without giving it away. Also consider a 2 cost bolt character, it would help your Lantern Ring kill condition.
    Excellent. Thank you.
    Cap for HP.
    but who do I take out for Shield Agents?

I'm actually not too sure. My instinct says human torch but I like him with hulk JG. However you do have missiles on demand for JG. Polymorph may or may not be necessary as well since I think JG will be purchased to deal with counters and annoying things like jinzo. Otherwise you would not buy poly much unless you're a fan of using it defensively as well.

I'd keep your current choices around and swap things in and out , see what works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgemental View Post
    I'm actually not too sure. My instinct says human torch but I like him with hulk JG. However you do have missiles on demand for JG. Polymorph may or may not be necessary as well since I think JG will be purchased to deal with counters and annoying things like jinzo. Otherwise you would not buy poly much unless you're a fan of using it defensively as well.

I'd keep your current choices around and swap things in and out , see what works best for you.
    Polymorph is needed for Jade Giant. You want to make sure he is on level 1 and 2 for his effect to work properly.

Your team has a lot of good stuff, I think you will need to do some testing to figure out the best way to play it, and what needs to be changed. I ran a fatality, lantern ring combo today and its not a bad one. If you can field 3 fatalities then attack with the ring, thats at least 18 damage. You may want blue eyes in there to ko your fatalities, and something to do with the energy you have sitting in your reserve for the ring. If you can get characters thru, a +1a would be a good one. Constantine will have to be dealt with. I think I would add distraction to my team next time I play it so I can attack and bring them back if I need them to stay on the field, and I can use it defensively too.
    A good strategy may be to get fatality, then hulk, then ring and more fatalities. Field/attack with fatalities for 6 damage a turn for each one, use bolts to ko fatality and set off hulk. Deal with constantine and anything else that will hinder hulk and fatality. The hard part will probably be getting 3 bolts and masks to ramp each turn. If youre in control, you may want to time when you do the damage. Fielding sidekicks to save for sidekicks will help give you the bolts for fatality/ring/hulk ping to clear board/possible +1a buff to give you lethal.
    Im interested to see how it plays out and you end up putting on the team.

Im not that big of a fan of a cheap mask just for PXG unless its going to help my team in some other way, but thats just my personal thinking. However, if youre worried about all the other globals that use masks, it can be a good idea to have a cheap mask.
    If youre not able to do some good testing before hand, I would take a second look at Wasp, Human Torch, and Human Paladin since they arent part of your main strategy, and other cards might serve your strategy better than just using the all round good cards. Even Hulk could be reconsidered, but hes so powerful and one of the best removals and control characters.

Thinking out loud here-
    So to set off Hulk you need to target him with a global, which Jinzo/Wasp would hinder that but Hulk can remove them. Ring of Magnetism is probably Hulks worst enemy, so you may want something to remove that. Doom Caliber will mess with him, but no one really uses him. Constantine will completely nullify Fatality, but Hulk should be able to take care of him. Big hitters can be dealt with with Hulk, unless you cant target them, which would require a non targeting ability such as Storm: Goddess of the Plains. You have nothing against direct damage, so if you cant out race other direct damage teams, you could use something like Captain America.
    A good two cost would help too, so you can put in a mask if theres one that will help out enough that can also be used for globals, or SHIELD Agent for bolt energy.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Polymorph is needed for Jade Giant. You want to make sure he is on level 1 and 2 for his effect to work properly.
    I just would not run JG myself in a ring team I guess, I don't think diverting your early buys away from the ring strategy helps in any way. I have yet to play a ring team myself but playing against it and helping people play it/build it I've noticed it's an aggressive combo team mainly. A bolt pump brings so much versatility with Iceman - Too Cool For Words . Imagine this: 3 shield agents attacking with 5 bolts in reserve and your opponent only has 2 blockers and no distraction/mera global? If they cant reduce your ability damage, 15 goes through and + 5a on the shield agent that did go through. If you're looking for something to stop your counters (Zombie magneto and Loki now a days...) common prismatic spray is pretty darn good.

Food for thought

I still like the original build with JG it's just a tad slower but it has a solid control option. Poly can also be used defensively, magic missile to clear sidekicks/low health character die on a cluttered board (like the bolt pump idea , it's great with Too Cool) Keep on testing!
    Last edited by Judgemental; 10-03-2015 at 09:58 AM.