Thread: Show off your blank cards!

Show off your blank cards!

As most of you know last weekend was Salt Lake Comic Con. I went around artist alley and commissioned a few of the artists to draw on the blank RDW cards. Here is how they turned out!

Drawn by: Nicholas Eric Roth

Drawn by: Danielle Powers

Drawn by: Lacey Leblanc

Drawn by: Joshua Covey

I found it interesting how hard it was to find someone to do the batmobile cards. Most of the artists were hesitant because they didn't do too many cars/mechanical drawings. The one I did get is my favorite card out of the batch.

Has anyone else drawn or asked someone to draw on your blank card? I'd love to see them!
    Last edited by Ktdata; 10-06-2015 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added Artist Credits

Saw these on your Facebook Post, and got to say they are all great.

Were these drawn by anyone of note? That Batman has a real Kelly Jones vibe to it.

I'm planning on doing this in April at Emerald City Comic-Con. I'm curious how much it cost for these pieces. If you'd rather not post publicly please feel free to PM me.

They look great and I only hope mine turn out as well!

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I'm planning on doing this in April at Emerald City Comic-Con. I'm curious how much it cost for these pieces. If you'd rather not post publicly please feel free to PM me.

They look great and I only hope mine turn out as well!
    I was kind of wondering what protocol was for this as well.

I'm so anal. I would only want mine drawn on by an artist who did significant work on the series.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iron fist.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	3327

Krillin as Iron Fist. Art by Sonny Straight, voice of Krillin.

Quote Originally Posted by CBattles6 View Post
    Were these drawn by anyone of note? That Batman has a real Kelly Jones vibe to it.
    The people I commissioned were students or artists trying to make it in the world. I've added credits with links to their websites in the original post. I love going through artist alley and finding the little guys... you can find some really cool things!

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    It cost me between $0-$25 per card depending on artist and if I wanted it in color or black and white. It may seem pricy for some but to me it was worth every penny and plus I get to help support an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    I was kind of wondering what protocol was for this as well.
    What I did was look around artist alley for art styles I liked. I would go up to the booth, ask the person if they did commissions and explained what I wanted to do. I told them it was like those blank comic covers where you can draw on them except it's on a card. Having the non-blank card helped a few of the artist get an idea. You leave them the card and they will give you a time frame on how long it will take. Simple as that, I did have a few people decline because they weren't comfortable with drawing the batmobile (especially on such a small space).

Quote Originally Posted by cbone3 View Post
    I'm so anal. I would only want mine drawn on by an artist who did significant work on the series.
    You could get Ron Frenz to sketch damn near any character then! He's done them all, and even created a few (like Spidergirl...).

Mike Zeck is coming to Wizard World Comic Con in Reno in November. This. Will. Happen.

Name:	Alteration.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	6046

Just had this sketch done by Dan Brereton (who did the cover for Immortal Iron Fist Annual #1). He did the sketch in literally 2 minutes. It was amazing! I may have him do a more detailed, color version later today.

So I have had all the various blank cards commissioned except for Red Dragon, but I'm going to get that taken care of soon enough. In the meantime, here are all the ones I've had done so far:

Name:	Dice Masters Sketch Commissions.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	6990

Top Row: Terry McGinnis by Tony Kordos (KO!); Hulk Out by Joel Adams (drew King of the Hill for Seasons 1-3); Ready to Rocket by Stéphane Roux; Batmobile by Rick Burchett
    Second Row: Melinda May by Phil Moy; Iron Fist by The Chalk Girl; Vibranium Shield by The Chalk Girl; Barry Allen by The Chalk Girl; Jay Garrick by The Chalk Girl; Strahd by Scott Drummond
    Third Row: Melinda May by Ant Lucia; Iron Fist by Reilly Brown; Vibranium Shield by Jeff Moy; Barry Allen by Ande Parks; Jay Garrick by Stéphane Roux; Blue Dragon by Scott Drummond
    Bottom Row: Wonder Woman by Stéphane Roux; Bob, Agent of Hydra by Reilly Brown; Batman by Neal Adams; Green Arrow by Phil Hester; Deadpool by Buzz; Beast Boy by Scott Drummond