Thread: Can capturing characters attack?

Can capturing characters attack?

Title says it all. Ultron can capture character but can he attack during that turn as well? I assume not.

Which Ultron Card are you asking about?

Because Ultron Drones capture blockers, and still attack; however, since they were blocked, they do no damage to the player unless paired with Overcrush during the assign damage phase.

The War of Light Rulebook on pg22, at the bottom goes over Capturing and Controlling. Dice that are captured leave play, but the capturing dice is usually free to continue action. Dice that take control of another dice; however, can do nothing; however, you can send the controlled die to attack.

Captures an die when fielded and can attack.

Captures all dice blocking him. Without Overcrush, no damage.

Captures a non-Villain character die. Ultron can still attack as normal.

Ultron - When fielded, capture a target non-Villian character die (return it at the end of the turn)
    Yeah I see on page 22 Age of Ultron Rules that the captured character can be released if the capturing die is knocked out which means the capturing die must be able to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat67 View Post
    Ultron - When fielded, capture a target non-Villian character die (return it at the end of the turn)
    Yeah I see on page 22 Age of Ultron Rules that the captured character can be released if the capturing die is knocked out which means the capturing die must be able to attack.
    He can attack. He's just capturing a die.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    He can attack. He's just capturing a die.
    It is worthwhile to note that while capturing dice can attack, controlling dice cannot. For instance, Parallax's uncommon is not allowed to attack if you use its effect and have a controlled character.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    It is worthwhile to note that while capturing dice can attack, controlling dice cannot. For instance, Parallax's uncommon is not allowed to attack if you use its effect and have a controlled character.
    .....giving me mixed signals. Can it or cant?

Capture =/= Control

Capturing characters can attack. Controlling characters cannot (if they are actively controlling another die).