Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman - Fear as a Weapon

Batman - Fear as a Weapon

Name:  batman.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  38.6 KB

We assume this means the 2 from the Basic Action Dice and not 2 energy from character die, correct?

And the 1 means one of those 2 from the Basic Action Dice and not any one energy.

We have been playing this as the 2 Energy Side from a Basic Action Die.

Key here is the underlined word in the text: "roll a face"

Without this word, it would be any energy.

But the 1 is any old energy you have lying around, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by CeeQue View Post
    But the 1 is any old energy you have lying around, I think?
    I dont know. It really seems the way they made the 1 symbol that it is one of the 2 from a Basic Action Die.

If there is not a qualifying word (e.g. like "face" in the Batman text), it means any energy.

Here's the ruling, using Wasp as an example:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5608

Wasp Founding Avenger global (11May2015)
    Q: The Global on Wasp Founding Avenger has a symbol of a '2' on a black circle as it's cost. Does it mean "2 Generic Energy", or "2 Energy of any kind"? I assume that, because it is exactly the same as the "2 Generic Energy" symbol on every Basic Action die (and card), that it is the former, and that said cost can only be paid using said Generic Energy. Is that correct?
    A: You should be paying 2 of any energy for a cost like this. Just as you would for a 2 cost Basic Action Die. You could use the face from a Basic Action Die, or you could use 2 masks or a bolt and a shield, etc.

In Wasp's case I would still think to use the 2 from Basic Action Die only. Why make the 2 with black circle symbol instead of just a plain 2? That is just adding confusion if that is really the ruling in that case.

What symbol would you use to represent 2 energy of any sort?

The definition of what that 2 face represent is 2 energy without a type. This means that any two energy of any type has the same intrinsic value. Generic energy is not its own type, it is the theoretical representation of no type, and all types at once. Generic costs mean any energy will work. Generic energy works as no specific energy, but as a quantity of 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    What symbol would you use to represent 2 energy of any sort?

The definition of what that 2 face represent is 2 energy without a type. This means that any two energy of any type has the same intrinsic value. Generic energy is not its own type, it is the theoretical representation of no type, and all types at once. Generic costs mean any energy will work. Generic energy works as no specific energy, but as a quantity of 1 or 2.
    Just saying pay 2 would be any 2 energy in my mind. Such as Captain Cold Leonard Wynters states "While Captain Cold is active, your opponent must pay 1 to declare an attack."
    And now this Batman has a 1 with a black circle. So they BOTH mean pay one of any energy? It is just confusing when they state the same thing in 2 different ways. We spent a long time last night trying to figure out why the 1 had a black circle. At the time it made most sense that it is one energy you can use from only the 2 from the Basic Action Die but that isn't the case then?

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat67 View Post
    Just saying pay 2 would be any 2 energy in my mind. Such as Captain Cold Leonard Wynters states "While Captain Cold is active, your opponent must pay 1 to declare an attack."
    And now this Batman has a 1 with a black circle. So they BOTH mean pay one of any energy? It is just confusing when they state the same thing in 2 different ways. We spent a long time last night trying to figure out why the 1 had a black circle. At the time it made most sense that it is one energy you can use from only the 2 from the Basic Action Die but that isn't the case then?
    A lot of people had issues with the Captain Cold wording, so now they've completely switched to using the "number in circle" to signify an amount of energy of whatever type.

Its the 2 generic energy face on a basic action die. It says right on the text "If you roll a 2 FACE during your roll and reroll step...". What other die have 2 faces besides basic action cards.
    As for Wasp it just says "Once per turn, you may pay 2 to deal 1 damage to a character or player" it can be any 2.

Also more examples are the Batman cards that deal with Basic actions. Mainly the WOL Batman cards. Even their globals mention basic actions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	3312Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	3313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	3314

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    What other die have 2 faces besides basic action cards.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post

:-)
    Oh DnD how I wish I did draft you when I started to play.

There is a Huge difference here in this discussion. Paying Costs and ROLLING dice are not the same thing. You can pay a 2G energy cost with any dice. But a roll 2G face, is completely different.

Let me ask this question. If I have Batman Fear as a weapon fielded and I roll an action die that I want a burst face on. If I reroll the 2g to try and get the burst, do I lose the bump for Batman?

Rolling and rerolling are two different things.

The first time you roll the dice, you check for Batman. Then you may reroll, Scarlet Witch, Parallax, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hwetzel View Post
    Let me ask this question. If I have Batman Fear as a weapon fielded and I roll an action die that I want a burst face on. If I reroll the 2g to try and get the burst, do I lose the bump for Batman?
    I believe he keeps it. You rolled and received a 2 face. You met the requirements for it. Its the same with Deadpool 'Jack' and Distraction. Attack with deadpool and force someone to block him, then you distract back. At the end of the turn they KO either way.

I believe he keeps it. You rolled and received a 2 face. You met the requirements for it. Its the same with Deadpool 'Jack' and Distraction. Attack with deadpool and force someone to block him, then you distract back. At the end of the turn they KO either way.
    wait what? We thought that might be the case but assumed they would have said during the Roll and Reroll StepS instead of Step. Since they said Step we assumed it had to be the end results of the entire Step. ok so if you Roll a 2 face, then Reroll it and its not a 2 face, you still get to use the 2 from the Roll part?

wait what? We thought that might be the case but assumed they would have said during the Roll and Reroll StepS instead of Step. Since they said Step we assumed it had to be the end results of the entire Step. ok so if you Roll a 2 face, then Reroll it and its not a 2 face, you still get to use the 2 from the Roll part?
    .....That's what I said "You rolled and received a 2 face. You met the requirements for it"

As what it says for Batman "If you roll a 2 face during your Roll and Reroll Step, Batman gets +2A and +2D for each.

Each meaning every face

.....That's what I said "You rolled and received a 2 face. You met the requirements for it"

As what it says for Batman "If you roll a 2 face during your Roll and Reroll Step, Batman gets +2A and +2D for each.
    Sorry, we took EACH to mean each die so if you had more than one Action Dice in one roll. Meaning you could have 2 faces from 2 dice. I see what you're saying now. Some of these things can be read a couple of different ways easily.

Sorry, we took EACH to mean each die so if you had more than one Action Dice in one roll. Meaning you could have 2 faces from 2 dice. I see what you're saying now. Some of these things can be read a couple of different ways easily.
    Yeah, so if you rolled a face once, Batman receives that 2+A/D and if rolled again and you received another face that's another 2+A/D

That's how I'm reading it.

Yeah, so if you rolled a face once, Batman receives that 2+A/D and if rolled again and you received another face that's another 2+A/D

That's how I'm reading it.
    I totally see that now. We took EACH to mean they are telling you if you had more than one Action Dice you can use them both. I could see it both ways. Maybe it should have been during Each of the Roll and Reroll Steps. lol. I dont know. we sit and analyze every single word on these cards.

I totally see that now. We took EACH to mean they are telling you if you had more than one Action Dice you can use them both. I could see it both ways. Maybe it should have been during Each of the Roll and Reroll Steps. lol. I dont know. we sit and analyze every single word on these cards.
    It can possibly stack. It says each face. Multiple action dice with the face. It says during the roll and reroll step. The power is lost after clean up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	3321

This card has so many questions. lol. I just realized from your last post that he gets to keep this until Clean Up. So he keeps this for Attack AND Blocking when its the opponent's turn?

... if rolled again and you received another face that's another 2+A/D
    You don't roll again, you reroll. Rerolling is a different keyword that rolling, so your rerolls would not trigger Batman.