Thread: Do you HAVE TO use an Basic Action Die?

Do you HAVE TO use an Basic Action Die?

Focus Power states "Spin one target character up or down one level" What if my opponent has all Level 1 players (meaning I can't spin them down) and I have all Level 3 players. Do I have to spin one of my mine down?

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat67 View Post
    Focus Power states "Spin one target character up or down one level" What if my opponent has all Level 1 players (meaning I can't spin them down) and I have all Level 3 players. Do I have to spin one of my mine down?
    .......No. Why would you be forced to use a die? A good example are characters. When you roll a character you do not want to field/lack of energy to field, you have the choice to send it to the used pile. You can use the action die on one but there wouldn't be any effect.

Any unused Action dice would go directly to Used during your Clean-Up step, though, unless they are on an energy face.

nope. you are never forced to use a action die.

If you didn't use it however you wouldn't be able to trigger things like Doctor Strange that does damage when you use an action die, or Baron Zemo which lets you move a used action to the prep.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    If you didn't use it however you wouldn't be able to trigger things like Doctor Strange that does damage when you use an action die, or Baron Zemo which lets you move a used action to the prep.
    ........He never mentioned Baron Zemo or Doctor strange. The question was entitled if he has to use the action die which the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    ........He never mentioned Baron Zemo or Doctor strange. The question was entitled if he has to use the action die which the answer is no.
    I know, is there something wrong with adding the info? For example with Invulnerability you could use it and trigger Doctor Strange or Baron Zemo, even if you didn't attack with those dice. You can't do that with something like Focus Power. Sorry for trying to be informative.

I know, is there something wrong with adding the info? For example with Invulnerability you could use it and trigger Doctor Strange or Baron Zemo, even if you didn't attack with those dice. You can't do that with something like Focus Power. Sorry for trying to be informative.
    It's not relevant to the OP's question

You commenting that it isn't relevant to the OP's question isn't relevant to the OP's question. I apologised for trying to be informative, I think you should get over it.

You commenting that it isn't relevant to the OP's question isn't relevant to the OP's question. I apologised for trying to be informative, I think you should get over it.
    Ok Senior Ben Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1296641338856.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	3362

Spartan, I understand your point. But as a complete noob, it never would have occurred to me to use an action card to spin one of my own characters down in order to trigger another character's ability. Hmmm... Thanks for the info, Ben.

Thanks, I figured it's a discussion forum and any discussion could be informative. I hope people are not discouraged from sharing info and ideas because of minor comments.

Thanks, I figured it's a discussion forum and any discussion could be informative. I hope people are not discouraged from sharing info and ideas because of minor comments.
    Ben, it's all good. @VastSpartan can be a bit...abrupt at times. He (mostly) makes up for it for being a good team builder and strategy helper ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Ben, it's all good. @VastSpartan can be a bit...abrupt at times. He (mostly) makes up for it for being a good team builder and strategy helper ;-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deadpool_x_male_reader__2_5____to_the_kitchen____by_alliicam-d7egqhv.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	232.3 KB 
ID:	3387

what happened here.... i thought trp was supposed to be all fun and helping each other not arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    what happened here.... i thought trp was supposed to be all fun and helping each other not arguing.
    It's the internet. Who doesn't argue?

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    It's the internet. Who doesn't argue?
    ehh... your right.

Why is this topic still getting posts, question is answered. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    Why is this topic still getting posts, question is answered. Move on.
    Someone's a bit touchy. Having a bad day?

You could use the beholders global to save it for your next turn

The original question has been answered and this thread will be closed at this point.