Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Help with Jinzo deck

  1. #1

    Help with Jinzo deck

    Hello everyone, I am new to the community and dice masters. I decided to build a deck focused on Jinzo - trap destroyer.

    The deck is:

    Distraction
    Polymorph

    Jinzo the trap destroyer x 2

    Wasp founding avenger x 4

    Storm - Wind rider x 3

    Psylocke kwannon the assassin x 4

    Blue-eyes white dragon monstrous dragon x 1

    professor X: Recluting young mutants x 1

    Millenium puzzle x 1 (Or Hulk Green Goliath, I havenīt decided yet)

    Johny Storm: Human Torch x 3



    Any suggestions are welcome

    Thank you

  2. #2
    I'd use McRook or better yet, Grundy instead of Psylocke. Grundy with BEWD can be used on your opponents turn, after they field something that could hurt you

  3. #3
    Jinzo is a pain in the rear, make no mistake he will cause your opponent headaches but on his own won't win you the game, and won't stop your opponent with their win condition it will slow it down but won't stop it. Also polymorph is a good way to get rid of Jinzo so be careful about bringing your own defeat with you.

    Sounds like I'm all down on your team don't it? I'm not what I'm trying to say is that you should build it round your win condition and then add Jinzo as icing on the cake.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Dude View Post
    Jinzo is a pain in the rear, make no mistake he will cause your opponent headaches but on his own won't win you the game, and won't stop your opponent with their win condition it will slow it down but won't stop it. Also polymorph is a good way to get rid of Jinzo so be careful about bringing your own defeat with you.

    Sounds like I'm all down on your team don't it? I'm not what I'm trying to say is that you should build it round your win condition and then add Jinzo as icing on the cake.
    That's why he has human torch for a win condition

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jpag006 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to the community and dice masters. I decided to build a deck focused on Jinzo - trap destroyer.

    The deck is:

    Distraction
    Polymorph

    Jinzo the trap destroyer x 2

    Wasp founding avenger x 4

    Storm - Wind rider x 3

    Psylocke kwannon the assassin x 4

    Blue-eyes white dragon monstrous dragon x 1

    professor X: Recluting young mutants x 1

    Millenium puzzle x 1 (Or Hulk Green Goliath, I havenīt decided yet)

    Johny Storm: Human Torch x 3



    Any suggestions are welcome

    Thank you
    Grundy over Storm. Storm is a 50/50. Grundy is a for sure to spot remove. Your choice for Millennium Puzzle or Hulk......I would go with Hulk but you need something else over Johnny to trigger Hulk.

    Igwanarob mentioned Mcrook which is also a good choice.

    But if I were to be honest, I would go with Green Gobblin 'Gobby' for this deck. Human Torch, Gobby and Grundy with Jinzo is a powerful deck. Wasp is just another nuisance

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jpag006 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to the community and dice masters. I decided to build a deck focused on Jinzo - trap destroyer.

    The deck is:

    Distraction
    Polymorph

    Jinzo the trap destroyer x 2

    Wasp founding avenger x 4

    Storm - Wind rider x 3

    Psylocke kwannon the assassin x 4

    Blue-eyes white dragon monstrous dragon x 1

    professor X: Recluting young mutants x 1

    Millenium puzzle x 1 (Or Hulk Green Goliath, I havenīt decided yet)

    Johny Storm: Human Torch x 3



    Any suggestions are welcome

    Thank you
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	3319

    For your cheap character (because I've created a Jinzo deck and considering this is a very defensive deck) go with It'll keep you from certain characters and just great to have on a team.

    And if Jinzo isnt working out you can go with . You have Distraction and Deadpool works great with it. Baby Jinzo is on the team so you still have the optional global burn.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	3319

    For your cheap character (because I've created a Jinzo deck and considering this is a very defensive deck) go with It'll keep you from certain characters and just great to have on a team.

    And if Jinzo isnt working out you can go with . You have Distraction and Deadpool works great with it. Baby Jinzo is on the team so you still have the optional global burn.

    Thanks a lot for all your comments

    I'll take it into account to build the deck

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jpag006 View Post
    What o you think about Green Goliath?
    I'm a huge fan of the big green guy. He provides you with one of the best, most flexible, board clear abilities in the game, and can act as a form of control (people don't like to either attack or deal direct damage against you if you him in your field).

    Additionally, I would recommend using "Flame On!" instead of Johnny Storm.

    And, if you have her, I would take Tsarina instead of Gobby.

    But, these are all questions of personal preference.

    The team @VastSpartan suggests is a solid build that will perform well against most other teams.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jpag006 View Post
    What o you think about Green Goliath?
    He's a good card. He works with Green Goblin providing that if your opponent isnt aggressive. Johnny Storm works with Big Green provided if you can field some characters.

  11. #11
    yeah, green Goliath is good. I think it could work, you will need heavy pxg ramp to get all these expensive guys out.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    yeah, green Goliath is good. I think it could work, you will need heavy pxg ramp to get all these expensive guys out.
    Not with Blue Eyes helping out

  13. #13
    I have tried the deck. But I never use human torch. What can replace it?
    I think that i can replace it for loki -loki layfeison or millenium puzzle or joker - prince of the crime, breaker -mana break, kitty pride shadowcat. Manticore - greater beast, storm wind rider, mind flayer - epic.

    Other option is wait and include for the new super rare black cat

    Or change one action for magic missile and change human torch for green goliath
    What do you think?

    Thanks

  14. #14
    Those are all really good choices.

    Something that may help you decide is to think about what Nicholas Pham calls 'energy niches'.

    What this means is if you have two or more characters/non-basic actions that cost the same and/or are of the same energy type, you will find, in play, that you tend to choose one option over the other very often.

    So, if at all possible you should aim to have each card fit a different niche.

    This of course is not a hard and fast rule - particular when it comes to the more situational support cards - but it is a good rule of thumb, and often provides a useful way to evaluate options within a team.

    So, I would first and foremost look at which of your options fit the energy curve of your team, and then I would try the various options out, see which fits best in your buy order, play style, and is most helpful for you team.

    I am deliberately not making any specific suggestions here because this gets to the very heart of the art of team building.

    Let us know how you get on. Perhaps post a more narrowed down list, and your thoughts about why you think each card may or may not work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •