Thread: New Avatar

New Avatar

I spent an hour trying to edit a pic down in MS paint. Got bored. Got frustrated. Cranked this out in 15 seconds. Thoughts?

Edit: Gah! it's Crooked!

it is very Kree-ish in my opinion. It also reminds me of a roundabout in a parking lot.

I got it sort of evened out. Ug. I'm trying to keep it realistic to DM dice, do 2 tone only. If I used more colors, it would be a little more like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_01 Spider.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	3315

Looks like someone glued 2 different types of eye glasses together. Reminds me of the episode of Lost when Sawyer was having vision problems.

Name:	1X19_SawyerGlasses.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	3316

I actually like it. It kind of reminds me of robo CGP Grey from the Hello Internet animated series on youtube.

Thank you @pk2317 . I thought about trying to outline a bowel disruptor instead.

I just reworked mine to be to my liking with this new dicevatar system. Don't worry yugioh fans, Shooting Quasar Dragon is still available on my profile page :P

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I just reworked mine to be to my liking with this new dicevatar system. Don't worry yugioh fans, Shooting Quasar Dragon is still available on my profile page :P
    Your new avatar is going to annoy me. I'm too used to the seeing the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Your new avatar is going to annoy me. I'm too used to the seeing the other one.
    It was not a decision taken lightly, but this one is a little more pleasing to look at thanks to the new changes.

Maybe it will return if Wizkids completely skips over making new fusion mechanic cards for dice masters and barrel right into a limit over accel synchro, so I can make quasar in multiple games.

I feel like I should post this here. From Transmetropolitian.

"My household appliance is on drugs. Horrible."

Name:	757083._SY540_.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	3363

Edit: I checked for nudity and other nasties, but not swearing. Should I censor the first frame there?

I'm loving these new Dicevatar-themed avatars! Mine has been what it is knowing the Dicevatars were eventually coming (it's been planned for a long time). I had originally thought a two-color image (mostly background/single-color foreground) would be best since the DM dice have that arrangement. However, some these newer avatar images like @DigitalFirefly 's and @Osprey 's that have sparing use of additional colors in the central image look way cool and still feel "dicey," even if they are beyond WK's current production capabilities. I think I'm going to have spruce mine up.

To the original post of this thread, yours looks great too, Critenstein! If you didn't want to use more than the one color you could omit the lines and shade color in the rectangle and circle with a solid color too. Adding shadows for depth (something my avatar needs too--my smurf should look recessed) would make it even more dicey. Perhaps Osprey will share his secrets!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I'm loving these new Dicevatar-themed avatars! Mine has been what it is knowing the Dicevatars were eventually coming (it's been planned for a long time). I had originally thought a two-color image (mostly background/single-color foreground) would be best since the DM dice have that arrangement. However, some these newer avatar images like @DigitalFirefly 's and @Osprey 's that have sparing use of additional colors in the central image look way cool and still feel "dicey," even if they are beyond WK's current production capabilities. I think I'm going to have spruce mine up.

To the original post of this thread, yours looks great too, Critenstein! If you didn't want to use more than the one color you could omit the lines and shade color in the rectangle and circle with a solid color too. Adding shadows for depth (something my avatar needs too--my smurf should look recessed) would make it even more dicey. Perhaps Osprey will share his secrets!
    Secrets? It just takes a moment on photoshop to put together. I may come to regret this, but if anyone needs some simple touch-ups that they want done to fit in with the dicevatars a little bit better, I may be able to help a bit if you PM me. Can't make any promises for the future, but I am still enjoying my vacation time until Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

Thanks. I was going for something that looked like a die, very minimalist. Here is the artist's Deviant Art page, he's got a ton of cool works. Looking at his stuff, I may have to use his Maxx picture to make one.