Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: D&D Experience - how does it work?

  1. #1

    D&D Experience - how does it work?

    A few questions about D&D experience mechanism.

    1. If I have active characters with the experience key word but they do not attack, do they still get the benefit of experience if a D&D monster is knocked out in the attack step?

    2. If my characters with experience are ever KOed or sent to the used pile, do they lose their experience tokens previously earned?

    3. Can a character gain an experience token while being KOed at the same time?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    1.) Yes
    2.) No
    3.) No
    You sure about number two?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    You sure about number two?
    The only way for an Adventurer to lose an experience token, once earned, is a special ability like this:


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    The only way for an Adventurer to lose an experience token, once earned, is a special ability like this:

    Yeah but this is what the OP wrote "If my characters with experience are ever KOed or sent to the used pile, do they lose their experience tokens previously earned"

    Wouldn't their stats be wiped once they are off the field?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Yeah but this is what the OP wrote "If my characters with experience are ever KOed or sent to the used pile, do they lose their experience tokens previously earned"

    Wouldn't their stats be wiped once they are off the field?
    Experience tokens are a permanent stat modifier. The only one that loses then for going off the field is Minsc & Boo, but he isn't actually an adventurer.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Experience tokens are a permanent stat modifier. The only one that loses then for going off the field is Minsc & Boo, but he isn't actually an adventurer.
    I looked at the rule book right now for DnD experience. It doesnt mention that its permanent

    Edit: Found it http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb...php?f=3&t=4836

  8. #8
    "D&D Experience - how does it work?"

    Magnets.

    Just don't ask me how they work, though!

    :P

    But, more seriously...

    In question 1 you say "in the attack step" - an important point to note is that the KO can occur at any time during you turn - just as long as the adventurer was fielded when the KO occurred, the adventurer remains in the field until the end of the turn, and the KO'd character has the D&D Monster affiliation, then said adventurer gains experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •