Thread: Playing It "Straight" Villain Team

Playing It "Straight" Villain Team

The concept for the upcoming event is pretty simple "create a team where characters can't have the same purchase cost," thus the straight theme.

After a few hours of work I came up with this team:

2 - Ultron Drone: 01000100 01101001 01100101
    3 - Black Manta: Deep Sea Deviant
    4 - Harley Quinn: Femme Fatale
    5 - Sinestro: Sinestro Corps Leader
    6 - Magneto: Sonderkommando
    7 - Larfleeze: Avarice
    8 - Thanos: The Mad Titan
    9 - Ultron: Nanite Virus

Hulk Out
    Nasty Plot

Ultron Drone: Ramp to help get Ultron out.

Black Manta: You know.

Harley Quinn: Harley + Thanos = opponent screwed.

Sinestro: He's just there to block my opponent from using Globals against me especially Magneto's.

Magneto: Gives team +2A +2D.

Larfleeze: He's secretly my big gun. Have Larfleeze use Sidekicks to get up to a max of 10A 10D with Overcrush from Hulk Out.

Thanos: Unblockable with a possible 10A 10D.

Ultron: He's just there for the 9 cost, but him being able to KO opponent's non-villains when fielded is nice. Possible 9A 9D.
    Last edited by vonVile; 10-06-2015 at 04:38 AM.

I updated the team and replaced Catwoman with Harley Quinn. I really didn't want to use her because I've already done the Ultron Drone/Harley Quinn combo for a villain team, but I need a low level villain character to help get out the big guys and there aren't that many and the slots for 2 and 3 are locked leaving 4. There's just 4 choices with a 4 purchase; Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Kang, and Scarecrow.

I went with Harley because she can't be blocked until everybody else attacking is blocked first, but since Thanos can't be blocked that means Harley also can't be blocked.

For those concerned about getting those high cost characters out, it can be done. Just load up on Hulk Out and Ultron Drones and there's no problem. I was able to get Thanos out with just them and a few KO'd Sidekicks in Prep. Then there's also Nasty Plot to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    What's stopping you from playing Lyssa Drak? Is there a real NEED to go 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9?

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    The concept for the upcoming event is pretty simple "create a team where characters can't have the same purchase cost," thus the straight theme.
    We did this it was a lot of fun. With all the villains why not just run SR Thanos?

What's stopping you from playing Lyssa Drak? Is there a real NEED to go 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9?
    The only slot that's open is 2 cost and her power doesn't work for this team. You need another character to make her ability to be affective that forces your opponent to block like Toad.

The format is to challenge the player to design a team where no character has the same cost.

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    We did this it was a lot of fun. With all the villains why not just run SR Thanos?
    I don't have SR Thanos.

it is a requirement for that event.

Would Lex Luthor Egomaniac not be a good option for the 4 slot? Given the all villain theme?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alpha View Post
    Would Lex Luthor Egomaniac not be a good option for the 4 slot? Given the all villain theme?
    Lex is a and the rest of my team is and . I need a low cost to help purchase those higher characters.

Besides a team having ability synergy it also needs to have energy type synergy. Lex would just stick out like a sore thumb.

I did have another version of this team using these instead:

It would have been more of a direct KO team. Catwoman would be disposable by KOing when fielded or put in Prep to help get out bigger characters. If she does KO a character I then attack with her so she gets KO'd causing Black Manta's ability to do 1 damage to my opponent.

Spectre and KO Solomon Grunge are a combo where when I field Spectre I KO Grundy, which his ability allows another one of my opponent's character to be KO'd. Then on top of that I get the Black Manta bonus again.

I threw this combo out because I didn't like Spectre's global. I need my Sidekicks fielded and to use with Larfleeze's ability.

The combo would also help my opponent purchase his big guys, which is something I don't want to do.

Also I made a combo mistake in my earlier post with Lyssa Drak. It should have been this, which would work great against a Wonderwall team:

or Pandora's Box.

Predict opponent's character with Lyssa Drak, use Iron Man/Pandora's Box global to make it a pick a villain, and have Wonder Woman force it to block.