Thread: Magic: Arena of the Plansewalkers

You bet! It is basically a different version of my favorite game of all time, Heroscape. Many of the rules are very similar, including the line of sight rule you found odd.

You're not the first I've heard say something like that about the rule, but it's always seemed super straightforward to me. Generally if your shooting mini could see the target using its eyes, then it has line of sight. It is a very literal definition of line of sight. What would you prefer to that?

If you have questions, just holler! And have fun playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    You bet! It is basically a different version of my favorite game of all time, Heroscape. Many of the rules are very similar, including the line of sight rule you found odd.

You're not the first I've heard say something like that about the rule, but it's always seemed super straightforward to me. Generally if your shooting mini could see the target using its eyes, then it has line of sight. It is a very literal definition of line of sight. What would you prefer to that?

If you have questions, just holler! And have fun playing!
    The rule isn't bad, just seems weird. Like the little diagram on the sheet where the tell you where to look from on the character, and the dark grey is what is targetable. Like they want to be absolutely sure you are looking just like the character does. I guess it just seemed so specific. It won't hamper play at all, I just thought it odd.

Ah, well I can explain the dark grey. Weapons and wings are typically not targetable so those are colored different on the card. If you can only see a sword, for example, you don't have line if sight. There occasionally is special shading. In Heroscape, zombies for example, can only be targeted if you can see their head! The shading on their card reflects that.

But as a general rule, if you can see it, you can shoot it.

I.

LOVE THIS GAME.

I was a big fan of Heroscape (and still have a lot of it) and this reskinning of the game really rings true for me. We've only had the chance to play it once or twice, but I'm looking forward to the expansions this January.

I believe two more planeswalkers with corresponding cards and probably at least one new squad each. Maybe two? I can't recall.

That's even crazier than the early spoilers indicated! I can't wait to get this expansion. And $20?! The price point on this game continues to be a strong point.

Hopefully they add some more terrain

Spoke to a shop owner about this game last week. Sounds like Hasbro really hosed over FLGS' on this one on price point and availability. Perhaps it will improve with new additions

Yeah don't know what to say there. I don't know no they're releasing it. I've seen it in big box stores but haven't really looked in game shops. MSRP is $30 and there's a lot in the box.

Hasbro has never had good distribution into game stores. Not many of their games are especially interesting to them so it is not often a problem, but with a few of them, like this one, it matters. I've heard first hand that they are trying though.

It sounds like a fun game, but I can't help but wish the board itself wasn't so ugly compared to HeroScape.

And now, probably an hour after starting this post, I've just purchased my first HeroScape Master Set, haha!

Well, the price of plastics is quite different from original Scape's day.

I've found that Auggie's Games Online is a good place to get just some terrain if you want more.

I've got a lot of spare terrain too. I can't find the better picture, but here's one picture of my Heroscape collection from when I was moving it.

All but about 5 boxes here are Heroscape/Heroscape-related (custom units and such). The majority of it is terrain. Actually, thinking about it, probably a bit less than half of the white boxes are terrain. I can build some amazing maps!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxes.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	3371

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I've got a lot of spare terrain too. I can't find the better picture, but here's one picture of my Heroscape collection from when I was moving it.

All but about 5 boxes here are Heroscape/Heroscape-related (custom units and such). The majority of it is terrain. Actually, thinking about it, probably a bit less than half of the white boxes are terrain. I can build some amazing maps!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxes.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	3371
    Jesus Ken. Where are you located? I want to HeroScape with you :P