Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loki - Trickster God

Loki - Trickster God

This card states "When fielded, roll an enemy character die. Deal damage to any target equal to the number of energy symbols or field cost rolled"
    WHICH enemy die? fielded, used pile, prep area, die on the cards or any?
    If its the fielded then what happens to the die after the roll? turn it back to what it was?

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat67 View Post
    This card states "When fielded, roll an enemy character die. Deal damage to any target equal to the number of energy symbols or field cost rolled"
    WHICH enemy die? fielded, used pile, prep area, die on the cards or any?
    If its the fielded then what happens to the die after the roll? turn it back to what it was?
    Their fielded character. Your choice.
    I think it heads to the reserve pool f it's energy (like storms effect)
    If it's a character it stays on the field on that same side (the same as storm).

I'm assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Their fielded character. Your choice.
    I think it heads to the reserve pool f it's energy (like storms effect)
    If it's a character it stays on the field on that same side (the same as storm).

I'm assuming.
    I seen her send dice to the Prep Area or Used Pile. We were thinking since they dont tell you where it goes that you turn it back to what is was and leave it in the field?

I seen her send dice to the Prep Area or Used Pile. We were thinking since they dont tell you where it goes that you turn it back to what is was and leave it in the field?
    Its different for each type because it specifically says where the dice goes. But Ill go with

It says used pile but considering its energy its to the reserve pool then used pile during clean up. But if its rolled to a character face its the field and stays on that character face.

Its different for each type because it specifically says where the dice goes. But Ill go with

It says used pile but considering its energy its to the reserve pool then used pile during clean up. But if its rolled to a character face its the field and stays on that character face.
    Does it go to the reserve? It says straight to the used?

I think Loki goes to the reserve, but I don't think Storm does.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    Does it go to the reserve? It says straight to the used?

I think Loki goes to the reserve, but I don't think Storm does.
    Why would Loki go to reserve? When Loki is fielded the controller of him chooses who to roll on your opponents side. As for the part where the die is rolled to energy it should go to reserve. In the case of Storm, it tells you that it goes to used. But with Loki it doesnt.

Why would Loki go to reserve? When Loki is fielded the controller of him chooses who to roll on your opponents side. As for the part where the die is rolled to energy it should go to reserve. In the case of Storm, it tells you that it goes to used. But with Loki it doesnt.
    Sorry correction: the dice Loki rolled goes to the reserve if it comes up as energy. With Storm the die you rolled goes straight to the used pile, if it is Wind Rider or African Priestess.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    Sorry correction: the dice Loki rolled goes to the reserve if it comes up as energy. With Storm the die you rolled goes straight to the used pile, if it is Wind Rider or African Priestess.
    I know. I was using Storm as an example for Loki because how similar they work.

For reference, anytime a die is re-rolled, it always stays in the same place it was originally. The only exception is if it cannot be there: I.e. An energy face cannot be in the Field, so it moves to the Reserve Pool. Otherwise, a character rerolled to a character stays in the Field at its new level.

Obviously card text overrules this (like for Storm), but this is the basic rule.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    For reference, anytime a die is re-rolled, it always stays in the same place it was originally. The only exception is if it cannot be there: I.e. An energy face cannot be in the Field, so it moves to the Reserve Pool. Otherwise, a character rerolled to a character stays in the Field at its new level.

Obviously card text overrules this (like for Storm), but this is the basic rule.
    Ah, so rolling with Parallax global could potentially roll a character up and you wouldn't have to pay a refielding cost.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post
    Ah, so rolling with Parallax global could potentially roll a character up and you wouldn't have to pay a refielding cost.
    Correct. You also wouldn't get When Fielded benefits, and you risk a lower level or energy (so loss of fielded character).

ok so if you roll an energy and move it to the opponent's reserve pile, can they now use this energy for a Global?

ok so if you roll an energy and move it to the opponent's reserve pile, can they now use this energy for a Global?
    Its the main step so yes

This thread keeps getting further and further from the correct ruling.

When you play Storm, reroll (NOT ROLL) two characters. These characters go to the used, not the Reserve.

When other cards, that don't tell you to move dice to a specific location, like Loki, have you reroll something, the die stays exactly where it was. If that location is not a legal location (such as energy in the field) it is moved to the Reserve pool and usable as energy.

All of these details are covered in the rerolling dice section of your rule book, toward the back, near rules for capturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post

When you play Storm, reroll (NOT ROLL) two characters. These characters go to the used, not the Reserve.

When other cards, that don't tell you to move dice to a specific location, like Loki, have you reroll something, the die stays exactly where it was. If that location is not a legal location (such as energy in the field) it is moved to the Reserve pool and usable as energy.

All of these details are covered in the rerolling dice section of your rule book, toward the back, near rules for capturing.
    How was that different the way I said it? I used Storm as a reference. They're almost the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post

That's exactly what I got from VastSpartan

Then perhaps I wasn't following along correctly, but either way, just wanted to post everything in a clear and unified post.

Also, TARGET on this card can refer to the opponent or a character, right?

Also, TARGET on this card can refer to the opponent or a character, right?
    Since it explicitly says "any target" and not "target character", I would say yes (since other cards refer to "target player").

@VastSpartan , the section of your post that I highlight, below, is the part that is incorrect:

With Wind-Rider dice that are rerolled in to energy DO NOT go to Reserve.

They go straight to Used.

They are not available to be used for globals.

They do not collect $200.

(Caps used for emphasis only)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    @VastSpartan , the section of your post that I highlight, below, is the part that is incorrect:

With Wind-Rider dice that are rerolled in to energy DO NOT go to Reserve.

They go straight to Used.

They are not available to be used for globals.

They do not collect $200.

(Caps used for emphasis only)
    AGAIN, I already explained that. You are making the same complain as Shadowmeld. I used Storm - Windrider as a reference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battlefield_package_640_07.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	3402

AGAIN, I already explained that. You are making the same complain as Shadowmeld. I used Storm - Windrider as a reference.
    So, I field Wind-Rider, reroll two of your fielded Sidekicks, and they both come up on an energy side, what happens to those Sidekick dice?

So, I field Wind-Rider, reroll two of your fielded Sidekicks, and they both come up on an energy side, what happens to those Sidekick dice?
    They go to the used pile.

Difference here with Loki is that they go to the reserve pool.

They go to the used pile.

Difference here with Loki is that they go to the reserve pool.
    That is correct.

So I don't understand why you wrote:

"It says used pile but considering its energy its to the reserve pool then used pile during clean up."

And which is what Shadowmeld and I were correcting.

*shrug*

That is correct.

So I don't understand why you wrote:

"It says used pile but considering its energy its to the reserve pool then used pile during clean up."

And which is what Shadowmeld and I were correcting.

*shrug*
    Considering that if the energy wasn't used and it's my turn. At the clean up for the next turn that unspent energy goes to used.

By all means that energy can used for whatever global's.