Thread: Warth interaction with bursts

Warth interaction with bursts

Using Warth - Hope Burns Bright (When fielded, you may use the "when fielded" effect of one of your active characters) can I trigger Halfling Thief - Minion Harper (* When fielded, draw a die. If it is an NPC, place it in your used pile. If not, roll it) even if that die is no on it's burst face?

Since she has no burst faces there would be no way for her to copy that ability to my knowledge, when you use beholder it has you use the basic actions without bursts so I have a feeling this one would be the same, any abilities having to do with burst faces would do nothing, otherwise there would be certain cards that would create an impossible situation like Gambit Ace in the Hole, which has "When fielded, you may draw and roll one die (place it in your reserve pool).
    * Instead draw 2 dice, roll one of them and return the other to your bag." They should have written on warth "ignore any burst face abilities" to prevent this even being a question.

If Warth uses the ability of a character who is active on a burst face, I see no problem with triggering that burst.

Otherwise, no you cannot choose to trigger a burst if you don't have one active.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    If Warth uses the ability of a character who is active on a burst face, I see no problem with triggering that burst.

Otherwise, no you cannot choose to trigger a burst if you don't have one active.
    I guess the clue is in the wording of Warth, he triggers the "when fielded" abilities of one of your ACTIVE characters, not just one of your characters. Since the character doesn't have that when fielded ability it wouldn't be able to copy it. I guess the same would apply when fielding Warth to copy a character that has had it's text wiped that turn.

The best way I've found to work Warth is to consider him re-fielding a character that is already in the field (while they retain their Active status). So if you had a Halfling on her burst face, Warth would "re-field" her on the same face.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    The best way I've found to work Warth is to consider him re-fielding a character that is already in the field (while they retain their Active status). So if you had a Halfling on her burst face, Warth would "re-field" her on the same face.
    Doen'st Warth need to be re-fielded to take activate the effect?