Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone else have this issue?

In my area there are no dice masters events, the biggest game store near me used to have them but there wasn't enough people going for them to continue offering. Keep in mind, one of the times we didn't fire off a tournament for dice masters we didn't have room to play because there were 180+ people there to play yu gi oh. Anyone have any tips on how to get things going again? I wish there was a way the tournament environment could build without me initiating it, but I can't just keep waiting for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    In my area there are no dice masters events, the biggest game store near me used to have them but there wasn't enough people going for them to continue offering. Keep in mind, one of the times we didn't fire off a tournament for dice masters we didn't have room to play because there were 180+ people there to play yu gi oh. Anyone have any tips on how to get things going again? I wish there was a way the tournament environment could build without me initiating it, but I can't just keep waiting for that to happen.
    Ask the owner of the shop. Help you get started. See how many are willing to play in a tourney. Sometimes nothing comes in because the lack of players.

Become friends with the YUGIOH Locals. Maybe they can help you too if space is needed or maybe the TOs for it know tips for your local community.
    Our Magic and Warmachine TOs helping me a lot for small tips and tricks here and there. I will post later one of my threads, with me whining and others givin me Tips on there community

The problem is more I think that players are unaware of each other or are not aware there is a place to play tournaments since there is no listing on wizkids events. When I do a 200 mile radius search in my area 0 dice masters events show up.

The problem is more I think that players are unaware of each other or are not aware there is a place to play tournaments since there is no listing on wizkids events. When I do a 200 mile radius search in my area 0 dice masters events show up.
    Make an event of it on Wizkids. Ask the store owner if you can put up a Flyer on their window with Dice Masters. In big letters. Get their attention. Maybe make it a petition of some sort. If you get enough signatures you can get a tourney going for another date. THEN make it on the event system.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Make an event of it on Wizkids. Ask the store owner if you can put up a Flyer on their window with Dice Masters. In big letters. Get their attention. Maybe make it a petition of some sort. If you get enough signatures you can get a tourney going for another date. THEN make it on the event system.
    This is a great idea, it's easy and the type of thing that won't cost them any money to do. Totally making a sign about a petition and giving the owners a petition to see how many people play. Who knows, someone might be in the same situation as me and not even know about the reserve pool.

This is a great idea, it's easy and the type of thing that won't cost them any money to do. Totally making a sign about a petition and giving the owners a petition to see how many people play. Who knows, someone might be in the same situation as me and not even know about the reserve pool.
    Mention the website at the bottom. Get this website some new members. It'll help build the scene and possibly see what other people can think of for certain rules....or in the case of this subject, all, on card interactions. Wizkids taking their sweet time to answer

Taking the bull by the horns works up here. If the the guy running the shop finds someone willing to do the work for them, they usually are more then happy to oblige. If they are not organized enough to help you schedule around the other events that are already planned, that is a different problem.

Yea there is only one game store around here that sells DM stuff, with the exception of Target and Walmart but they skipped the first DC set for boosters and it seems they are skipping the war of light too...there was age of ultron booster packs for days though.

Quote Originally Posted by Palto1826 View Post
    Yea there is only one game store around here that sells DM stuff, with the exception of Target and Walmart but they skipped the first DC set for boosters and it seems they are skipping the war of light too...there was age of ultron booster packs for days though.
    I didnt know Target turned into a comic shop

Most have a whole aisle of Magic/Pokemon/CCGs.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Most have a whole aisle of Magic/Pokemon/CCGs.
    It was sarcasm

It was sarcasm
    Sarcasm doesn't translate in written form. You might want to consider this in the future. I for one, just thought you were being an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't translate in written form. You might want to consider this in the future. I for one, just thought you were being an ass.
    I know it doesn't. So yes, I was being sarcastic and indeed an ass..
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 10-08-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    I know it doesn't. So yes, I was being sarcastic and indeed an ass.

I didnt know game stores turned into comic shops D: oh the horror....

Just a suggestion, but I know if I specify dice masters, it shows 0 events. But if I do "ALL" events and then just search I find several dice masters events.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogonjdevil View Post
    Just a suggestion, but I know if I specify dice masters, it shows 0 events. But if I do "ALL" events and then just search I find several dice masters events.
    Wizkids has a huge problem with how they do their forced labeling.

This is very true, and why I always search for any type of event, period.

It hold true backwards, when they FORCE the text on you for certain storyline events, that can't be erased, trying to force you to use the same boring formats every single time.

As others have stated, try to get into talks with your local store. If it helps, ask them if they would be willing to take you on as a volunteer to help set up events for the shop. If they have their shop registered onto the Wizkids event system, you can apply and they'll verify you. Once you've been verified, you can set up the events within the system, track scoring, and what have you as if though you were the shop yourself. It took a while to build up a decent player base at my local shop and I had to take the initiative to get the events running. We've seen a few new players over the past few weeks which always makes me happy too!

It's not that there is an absolute lack of events, it's that the one place that does have events does them on the one day of the week I can't possibly attend. Any other day and I'd totally be on it. They were supposed to start weekly events on Sunday too, but there is a seeming lack of consistency which is irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    It's not that there is an absolute lack of events, it's that the one place that does have events does them on the one day of the week I can't possibly attend. Any other day and I'd totally be on it. They were supposed to start weekly events on Sunday too, but there is a seeming lack of consistency which is irritating.
    That's really annoying, at least with mine it's a cuy and dry zero events. Even worse when there is a tournament, but at the most inconvenient time for you.

Make a petition on what day is best suited for the events. Write something up with a full weekend and have people sign under what days they would be willing to play. Or can play.

That can tough to get consistent players when some can do certain days and others cannot. Finding a solid group of 4-6 who can do consistent days can help seed a day and make it easier for people to want to add into that.

I know it doesn't. So yes, I was being sarcastic and indeed an ass.
    If you're going to be an ass, at least be a cute ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    If you're going to be an ass, at least be a cute ass...
    Name:  5477946.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  6.1 KB yes sir