Thread: Lyssa Drak - Keeper of the Book of Parallax

Lyssa Drak - Keeper of the Book of Parallax

Text Reads: "While Lyssa Drak is active, at the start of your Attack Step, name a character. If at least one of those character dice blocks, you may move two dice from your opponent's used pile to their bag."

Can I name sidekicks?

If I remember correctly, sidekicks are characters, but only on their sidekick face? So sidekicks in the field are characters, correct? I tend to forget the subtlety. I'm assuming I can name sidekicks, but this whole "choose the weaker option" thing Wizkids keeps recommending leads me to more confusion occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post
    Text Reads: "While Lyssa Drak is active, at the start of your Attack Step, name a character. If at least one of those character dice blocks, you may move two dice from your opponent's used pile to their bag."

Can I name sidekicks?

If I remember correctly, sidekicks are characters, but only on their sidekick face? So sidekicks in the field are characters, correct? I tend to forget the subtlety. I'm assuming I can name sidekicks, but this whole "choose the weaker option" thing Wizkids keeps recommending leads me to more confusion occasionally.
    Yes you can name sidekicks. They are a character too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleiem View Post
    Yes, sidekicks are characters, but no, you can't name them. They don't have a name, so you can't name them, same as with constantine - hellblazer you can't name sidekicks.
    You actually can name them. A sidekick. It's been allowed. It was even talked about on the reserve pool podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleiem View Post
    Even hellblazer? that would be a huge lol.
    No not hellblazer. I think that was ruled that it doesnt work for them. Wizkids is inconsistent.

If it asks you to name a die, you can name sidekicks. If it asks you to name a character, you cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post

Can I name sidekicks?

I used this to great effect naming sidekicks in a recent draft game. At first I didn't think much of the ability, but after a couple of games when I really managed to slow down my opponents by using it I started to quite like it.

I'd rather make them pay 2 life to field sidekicks, if that's so. (her Uncommon version)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    If it asks you to name a die, you can name sidekicks. If it asks you to name a character, you cannot.
    ^^^ This.