Thread: Are Emotional Conduits non-basic actions, or a specific (different) type of action?

Are Emotional Conduits non-basic actions, or a specific (different) type of action?

Bleez "Controlled Rage": When fielded, cancel an action die and move it to the Used Pile.

Larfleeze "MINE": "When fielded, you may KO a [Emotional Conduit] or action and send it to the Used Pile."

Can Bleez get rid of a Lantern Ring or Lantern Battery when fielded?

Larfleeze specifically names Emotional Conduits....unless Emotional Conduits are something else completely.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post
    Bleez "Controlled Rage": When fielded, cancel an action die and move it to the Used Pile.

Larfleeze "MINE": "When fielded, you may KO a [Emotional Conduit] or action and send it to the Used Pile."

Can Bleez get rid of a Lantern Ring or Lantern Battery when fielded?

Larfleeze specifically names Emotional Conduits....unless Emotional Conduits are something else completely.
    I think emotional conduits are the lantern rings and batteries actions. They have different colors signifying different emotions

Green - Will
    Red - Rage
    Yellow - Fear
    Blue - Hope
    Pink - Love
    Orange - Greed
    Indigo I'm not to sure.

Hence, actions because they fill character slots.

I think indigo is "compassion".

That all makes sense, but why include the text on Larfleeze's card to specify the conduits then? If it is for flavor reasons, then awesome, but I'm not sure about adding text just to add text...it leads to questions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post
    I think indigo is "compassion".

That all makes sense, but why include the text on Larfleeze's card to specify the conduits then? If it is for flavor reasons, then awesome, but I'm not sure about adding text just to add text...it leads to questions like this.
    Larfleeze is greedy. Maybe they were going for a thematic theme.

It is possible that a future card could refer to emotional conduits but not other actions.

A conduit is any card with the symbol. An action is any die without stats. In this particular set there is a 100% overlap between those two sets.

Action dice aren't KO'd. Only character dice can get KO'd.
    http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb...=cerebro#p9466

Larfleeze can KO equipment or an action. WK rulesĦĦĦĦĦ

Larfleeze, and Rare Atrocitus are apparently exceptions to that ruling. Though, I would tent toward the interpretation that these two dice really mean to say cancel, not KO. Infact, Larfleeze even tell us to put the die in the used pile, as if we were cancelling it. If there were a card that comboed off of non-character KOs then we might need to look at this more directly, but almost all the cards in the game specify "character is KOed" not "die is KOed"

For now I would look at these two cards as simply using the wrong word to convey their intent. If a card comes up that combos or conflicts with these cards, the we can discuss their true intent, but until then, the lack of any other precedent than "cancel" leaves us with few options.

Side note: it could be ruled that Atrocitus puts the constructs he "KOs" in the Prep instead of the Used. All the more reason to just NOT use this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post

Larfleeze, and Rare Atrocitus are apparently exceptions to that ruling. Though, I would tent toward the interpretation that these two dice really mean to say cancel, not KO. Infact, Larfleeze even tell us to put the die in the used pile, as if we were cancelling it. If there were a card that comboed off of non-character KOs then we might need to look at this more directly, but almost all the cards in the game specify "character is KOed" not "die is KOed"

For now I would look at these two cards as simply using the wrong word to convey their intent. If a card comes up that combos or conflicts with these cards, the we can discuss their true intent, but until then, the lack of any other precedent than "cancel" leaves us with few options.

Side note: it could be ruled that Atrocitus puts the constructs he "KOs" in the Prep instead of the Used. All the more reason to just NOT use this guy.
    Atrocious affects constructs, which are another subset of action dice specific to this set, but he doesn't cancel other action dice like Larfleeze's ability states. Agree that the constructs should also go to the used pile, but then again they also have affiliations which also makes them unique in the realm of action dice.

I still like him as he's a good way of KOing Grundy and a mystical elf without the global of BEWD being available to your opponent.