Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Does Starfire count herself? (all rarities)

  1. #1

    Does Starfire count herself? (all rarities)

    Princess of Tamaran
    When fielded, deal 1 damage to target opponent for each of your active [Teen Titans].


    If a Starfire is in the field, and I field a 2nd, is that an extra damage? (I think yes, but want clarification).

    Outlaw
    While Starfire is active, whenever another [Teen Titans] is fielded, deal damage to target opponent equal to that die's fielding cost.


    This one specifically says "another Teen Titan", so I'm not sure. Since she would combo with herself the best if it works (TFC:5), I'd like reassurance.

    Koriand'r
    When Starfire attacks, deal 1 damage to the defending player for each other active [Teen Titans].


    "Each OTHER active Teen Titan". Again, the use of words like "another/other/different" aren't exactly as consistent as I'd like them to be yet, so I'm fuzzy on the details.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post
    Princess of Tamaran
    When fielded, deal 1 damage to target opponent for each of your active [Teen Titans].


    If a Starfire is in the field, and I field a 2nd, is that an extra damage? (I think yes, but want clarification).

    Outlaw
    While Starfire is active, whenever another [Teen Titans] is fielded, deal damage to target opponent equal to that die's fielding cost.


    This one specifically says "another Teen Titan", so I'm not sure. Since she would combo with herself the best if it works (TFC:5), I'd like reassurance.

    Koriand'r
    When Starfire attacks, deal 1 damage to the defending player for each other active [Teen Titans].


    "Each OTHER active Teen Titan". Again, the use of words like "another/other/different" aren't exactly as consistent as I'd like them to be yet, so I'm fuzzy on the details.
    1. Yes, she is a teen titan so it should work.
    2. Another would be a different character (beast, wonder girl, raven)
    3.same as 2

    I see it as being another is a different character unless specified. Good example is Firestorm - Jason and Ronnie. It tells you that if you field another firestorm you can cause damage.

  3. #3
    1. Okay, I'm assuming after that you count characters though. For example, you would not deal 3 damage if you had 3 Beast Boy in the field.

    2. That's what I was thinking. It sounds good, then you look at their fielding costs (0,1,1)(0,1,1)(1,1,2) and consider that you typically want to keep Raven and Wonder Girl in the field, and it becomes nothing more than incidental damage. Still nice, but the other versions of Starfire I like more.

    3. Agreed.

    I really wish they'd just add "another" and "different" to the keyword glossary, and then consistently use the same ones.

    Thanks for the timely feedback.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post
    1. Okay, I'm assuming after that you count characters though. For example, you would not deal 3 damage if you had 3 Beast Boy in the field.

    2. That's what I was thinking. It sounds good, then you look at their fielding costs (0,1,1)(0,1,1)(1,1,2) and consider that you typically want to keep Raven and Wonder Girl in the field, and it becomes nothing more than incidental damage. Still nice, but the other versions of Starfire I like more.

    3. Agreed.

    I really wish they'd just add "another" and "different" to the keyword glossary, and then consistently use the same ones.

    Thanks for the timely feedback.
    1. I don't think so but you never know

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post
    1. Okay, I'm assuming after that you count characters though. For example, you would not deal 3 damage if you had 3 Beast Boy in the field.
    1, 2, or 3 Beast Boy in the field = Beast Boy is "active." No matter how many Beast Boys you have fielded (assuming at least 1), only 1 damage from Beast Boy being active.

  6. #6
    Princess of Tamaran and Koriand'r, both works by actives characters, not field dice, so the difference in these 2 is than one count herself (Princess of Tamaran) while the other one doesn't (Koriand'r)

    If you have one Princess of Tamaran already fielded (and no others TT), and you field a second one, she would dealt only 1 damage to your opponent. If you have one active Starfire and 3 Raven, fielding a second one, she would deal 2 damage.

    In the case of Koriand'r, if she would be the only TT active, doesn't matter if you have 1 or 4 dice of her in the field, and she attacks, she would deal 0 damage. In the case you have 2 raven active, and 1 or 4 Koriand'r, and attacks, she would deal 1 damage.

    About Outlaw, she never counts herself, nor if it's the first dice you field or the fourth.


    Note that Outlaw and Koriand'r also counts the opponents TT.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by asyncritus View Post
    What if you field Starfire Princess of Tamaran and you have no other TT's in the field? Is she considered active the moment you field her and therefore you deal one damage? Or is she not active until after she has been fielded, so you deal no damage?
    Those are the same thing. She's active as soon as she is on the field.

  9. #9
    Field character -> character is active -> "when fielded"/"while active" abilities take place simultaneously (active player chooses order for their effects).

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Field character -> character is active -> "when fielded"/"while active" abilities take place simultaneously (active player chooses order for their effects).
    So this concept I can choose the order from the Pepper Potts uncommon and Johnny Storm effect? Example

    I field Pepper and spin down two characters then Human Torch causes 1 damage directly and 1 damage to a character.
    Or I field pepper, cause 1 damage directly and 1 damage to a character and then spin down a character?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    So this concept I can choose the order from the Pepper Potts uncommon and Johnny Storm effect? Example

    I field Pepper and spin down two characters then Human Torch causes 1 damage directly and 1 damage to a character.
    Or I field pepper, cause 1 damage directly and 1 damage to a character and then spin down a character?
    I don't see why not. Is there a functional difference?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I don't see why not. Is there a functional difference?
    Seems a tad flexible. Choosing what effect goes first.

  13. #13
    That's the best reasoning I can figure based on:

    FAQ says if you field Hawkeye while Dr Doom is active, he deals his when fielded damage and is simultaneously KOd by Doom's active effect.

    If you field Green Arrow on an open field, he has to deal his when fielded damage to himself.

  14. #14
    A question here. If my opponent has also Teen Titans active and or will field them whiel Starfire in one of her versions is active or gets fielded.

    Would i count my opponents Teen Titans also( i know 2 beast boys means 2 different characters if one is from my opponent).?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    A question here. If my opponent has also Teen Titans active and or will field them whiel Starfire in one of her versions is active or gets fielded.

    Would i count my opponents Teen Titans also( i know 2 beast boys means 2 different characters if one is from my opponent).?
    Affiliation based texts looks at both sides of the board unless specified otherwise, so yes.

  16. #16
    The active player gets to decide in what order their triggers resolve. Yes, it is flexible. However with @VastSpartan 's example it makes no real difference which effect goes first. Pepper Potts will not KO a die if it cannot spin any lower and Human Torch will deal the damage anyway. Even if you deal damage first, then spin down to a 1D face, the die will still be KO'd because it's taken damage >than or =to its D.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •