Thread: Warth - Hope Burns Bright, Interactions

Warth - Hope Burns Bright, Interactions

Hi guys, hope you can help me here.
    Basically, Warth copies one "when fielded" ability, HE using it, or allows one already fielded character to use his ability as he would be fielded?

Here are two examples:

1. I have an active Magneto Zombie, my opponent has an active Gobby and then fields Warth, can he use Gobby's ability? I think this is an easy one, but still asking to get sure lol.

2. This one is the complicated one. Ok, I have an active Wonder Woman - Daughter of Zeus (While Wonder Woman is active, your opponent's effects on their Villains that activate 'when fielded' deal no damage to you.) and my opponent has an active Gobby, if he would field another Gobby it wouldn't damage me since he's a villain, but what if he field Warth using Gobby's ability? Would it damage me? Hope you can now see the problem here. If Warth would be the one who uses the ability it would damage me since he's not a villain, but, if what he makes, is to allow Gobby use his ability then it wouldn't damage me.

Thanks.

1. Zombie Magneto wipes 3 cost and lower of their text. "While active, enemy characters with Purchase Cost 3 or lower lose their abilities."
    Green Goblin being 3 cost has no abilities. So Warth would not be able to do anything except copy another character when fielded affect above 3.

2. This one is difficult because it hasn't been ruled if Warth becomes the copy or that the original is causing the damage. This one you might have to wait out.

Like Vast Spartan said it's difficult because it hasn't been ruled on. I've been playing with Warth a lot and have been using the 'weaker' rule, i.e. he re-triggers the active characters ability, doesn't activate it himself. Until I hear other wise I'm going with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    Like Vast Spartan said it's difficult because it hasn't been ruled on. I've been playing with Warth a lot and have been using the 'weaker' rule, i.e. he re-triggers the active characters ability, doesn't activate it himself. Until I hear other wise I'm going with that.
    I have been playing Warth this way too, just because that it show I interpret the card, but I was just curious, why do you think this is the "weaker" of the two? I haven't really considered one as more powerful than the other.
    Last edited by Joepancreas; 10-08-2015 at 11:12 AM.

The most logical way I can read his card text is that he triggers another active character to re-activate their "When Fielded" ability. It's as if you took a character already in the Field, and re-fielded it.

Eleiem, I posted your question to Dice Anon as you had worded it best with part 2. They are really good at figuring out the final result of a card before Whizkids themselves. I will post their response as soon as I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joepancreas View Post
    I have been playing Warth this way too, just because that it show I interpret the card, but I was just curious, why do you think this is the "weaker" of the two? I haven't really considered one as more powerful than the other.
    Example of why it is "weaker". If I field a Loki then I field a Warth, if Warth is the one who activates the ability then he is the one who stops your opponent from fielding a character, this way you could get two characters locked down.

Another example is with the Heroic mechanism, if, when fielded, Warth gains the Heroic mechanism then he can pair up with another heroic character, say a Captain America, and can share the power of that Heroic character. Which makes a difference because Warth's dice is just flat out ebtter than most of the stats on the other heroic dice you might want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    Example of why it is "weaker". If I field a Loki then I field a Warth, if Warth is the one who activates the ability then he is the one who stops your opponent from fielding a character, this way you could get two characters locked down.

Another example is with the Heroic mechanism, if, when fielded, Warth gains the Heroic mechanism then he can pair up with another heroic character, say a Captain America, and can share the power of that Heroic character. Which makes a difference because Warth's dice is just flat out ebtter than most of the stats on the other heroic dice you might want to use.
    That makes sense, thanks for the response.