Thread: Article: Nationals! Updating at intervals.

That one game only/first player advantage is terrible. Watched Randy's game. His team was better and his skill was better. Shouldn't have lost. I totally pin it on going second.

Quote Originally Posted by yummyninja View Post
    They are being streamed on Twitch

http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments/
    Awesome! Thank you!

Really glad to see the first person advantage happening and I'll explain why:
    Because they need to fix it! Maybe if after all this they tally up all the 2nd player losses vs 1st player, they'll adjust the real issue, not perceived issues due to this main concern! They've made a game that is entirely too fast to lethal due to this one thing.

I'm torn on that and here's why - for all the things that PXG makes viable, it brings bad with it and this turn one thing is a part of that. I think the global should exist in some form but I don't like changing/adding major rules because of the stuff made possible by one global ability.

But I agree- could be a catalyst for a fix.

Great job on the coverage guys. And I concur with the hope that the first turn player win ratio is being tracked to motivate a change in the rules.

One sour note though: Only 40 players in each event, with pretty much the same people in both? That's sad. I feel like WK needs to split up their Open and Championship events and put them for each game in locations that would have the highest turnout. I'm not saying that this would be the best location, but I'm pretty confident that if it were in Seattle that both qualifiers would have been full. When stores are getting close to 20 players for random OP events, that's sign of a very strong local scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    Great job on the coverage guys. And I concur with the hope that the first turn player win ratio is being tracked to motivate a change in the rules.

One sour note though: Only 40 players in each event, with pretty much the same people in both? That's sad. I feel like WK needs to split up their Open and Championship events and put them for each game in locations that would have the highest turnout. I'm not saying that this would be the best location, but I'm pretty confident that if it were in Seattle that both qualifiers would have been full. When stores are getting close to 20 players for random OP events, that's sign of a very strong local scene.
    Are you saying there are only 40 people there? I would love to go, but living in Utah makes that an expensive trip. I have seen the promo cards given out, and I am wishing I went just to grab those!

I don't understand the logic behind going second is a guaranteed loss. I watch my opponents buys. I have the ability to adjust my strategy based on what he's doing.

I have never experienced a disadvantage simply from going second; number don't lie though. Maybe during open play at my FLGS I'll just defer so I can work on my 'going second' game.