Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Panic Build for TONIGHT!!

Panic Build for TONIGHT!!

Built this in a hurry late last night, not sure I'm 100% satisfied.

Wasp - Founding Avenger Global control and cheap bolt
    Jade - Jennifer-Lynn Hayden Cheap bolt attacker to keep pressure on - KOs for a prepped die!
    Fatality - Bounty Hunter 3 damage per field shouldn't be an issue on here.
    Rocket - Blam! Murdered You! Flex spot. Good paired attacker to go with Jade
    Cheetah - Cursed Archeologist Also cheap attacker
    Iceman - Too Cool for Words Badass finisher, makes sure I have bolts in PA for lantern
    Professor X - Recruiting Young Mutants Global
    Lantern Ring - Limited only by Imagination Just way too good not to include in a single energy team

Not sure about the Basics to bring. Thinking Magic Missle and one other?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Built this in a hurry late last night, not sure I'm 100% satisfied.

Wasp - Founding Avenger Global control and cheap bolt
    Jade - Jennifer-Lynn Hayden Cheap bolt attacker to keep pressure on - KOs for a prepped die!
    Fatality - Bounty Hunter 3 damage per field shouldn't be an issue on here.
    Rocket - Blam! Murdered You! Flex spot. Good paired attacker to go with Jade
    Cheetah - Cursed Archeologist Also cheap attacker
    Iceman - Too Cool for Words Badass finisher, makes sure I have bolts in PA for lantern
    Professor X - Recruiting Young Mutants Global
    Lantern Ring - Limited only by Imagination Just way too good not to include in a single energy team

Not sure about the Basics to bring. Thinking Magic Missle and one other?
    No magic missile. Unless you want them to knock out your SK's. Ill take that 1 damage from wasp over 3 damage from Fatality. I suggest Distraction considering your team aren't big hitters. Cheetah in mind you can just distract her back and ping away. You need some removal. Maybe.......crush card virus? Slap it on Jade.

Jade doesn't really need to attack. She's a solid blocker. Lantern Ring? I see more of Johnny Storm Lot of your characters are low health and low field cost characters.

I can see why Human Torch would be good, but alas! I do not have said card / dice.

What about Red or Blue Dragons. Higher level bolts with sweeping removal...

Distraction seems good.

I'm also puttering with an all fists team that mainly uses Kobolds to ramp into Purple Wurm again, with the Lantern Ring, but I liked the Iceman global for getting extra bolts.
    It's not a bad idea. Blue Eyes might be a better choice considering Fatality wants to be re-fielded.

What cards sets do you own?

Wife and I have opened a grav-feed of D&D, AoU and WoL. We also have the JL, AVX (might be UXM can't recall off the top of my head), D&D and YGO starters.
    Human Paladin - Emerald Enclave can help for that possible burn on you. Also helps against your own distraction.

magic missle could work. you could attack then use magic missle on a bolt. you also don't need pxg. i suggest blue eyes

Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    magic missle could work. you could attack then use magic missle on a bolt. you also don't need pxg. i suggest blue eyes
    Magic missile kills his potential SK's to being turned into bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Magic missile kills his potential SK's to being turned into bolts.
    oh, yeah. didn't think of that.

oh, yeah. didn't think of that.
    I mentioned it above. Uh.....drawing a blank on what else could help him.

*field
    Yeah that can help. Firestorm - Jason and Ronnie

Rare shield agents, Invulnerability or Enrage or Horn of the Unicorn.

SO! The team crushed 2/3 games. The last game got locked out of Wasp by a Joker and Iceman was hampered by a Constantine that I just couldn't seem to get around. Made a silly attack not planning ahead and got crushed on the crack back.

Magic Missle was probably not the best, but I used Enraged... which helped put Iceman into near lethal range twice. People just didn't expect the pay a bolt to double his A cuz they were so concerned with Lantern Ring and Iceman making extra bolts!

Didn't even buy Fatality...thinking she could maybe go and throw something else in...

SO! The team crushed 2/3 games. The last game got locked out of Wasp by a Joker and Iceman was hampered by a Constantine that I just couldn't seem to get around. Made a silly attack not planning ahead and got crushed on the crack back.

Magic Missle was probably not the best, but I used Enraged... which helped put Iceman into near lethal range twice. People just didn't expect the pay a bolt to double his A cuz they were so concerned with Lantern Ring and Iceman making extra bolts!

Didn't even buy Fatality...thinking she could maybe go and throw something else in...
    What was the final build?

So! No changes made. Brought the team to the Trading Card and Electronic Games convention for the dice event. 3-0 for the event win. Not a lot of participation simce it's thanksgiving weekend here in the great white north, but still, crushed my games! Lamtern Ring is CRAZY GOOD with Iceman.

34 pack payout for first. Pretty good day today if you ask me!
    34 PACKS? What's the entry fee, diamonds?

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    34 PACKS? What's the entry fee, diamonds?
    must have been, the winner for us gets like 6-8

The fee for the convention was $20 then there was a $20 tournament fee as well. WAY OVER THE TOP for the event. Which is probably why the prizing was so crazy
    AH, alright then. We always set the entry fee at $5 per player to keep it affordable, so in a typical 3 round tournament, i'll give out 8 op cards, 1 pack to each participant and then have 13 left to distribute amongst tops.