Thread: A Bolt Team

That should be the rare Wasp - Founding Avenger
    Cost: 3
    Card Text: While Wasp is active, when your opponent uses a Global Ability, she deals them 1 damage.
    Global: Once per turn, you may pay 2. Deal 1 damage to a character or player.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    That should be the rare Wasp - Founding Avenger
    Cost: 3
    Card Text: While Wasp is active, when your opponent uses a Global Ability, she deals them 1 damage.
    Global: Once per turn, you may pay 2. Deal 1 damage to a character or player.
    So.....your win condition is Human Torch? What's your removal? Where's your ramp?
    What basic actions are you using?

Are these the only bolt characters you have?

On a thought you should consider other characters if you roll anything else but bolts.

I would swap out your common Pyro for the Rare and swap out the Cyclops you have for Cyclops If Looks Could Kill. You might even look at pulling Firestorm Jason and Ronnie. As for BAC you could go with a combo of Big Entrance and Resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by hwetzel View Post
    I would swap out your common Pyro for the Rare and swap out the Cyclops you have for Cyclops If Looks Could Kill. You might even look at pulling Firestorm Jason and Ronnie. As for BAC you could go with a combo of Big Entrance and Resurrection.
    The rare wasp is on the team. He posted up the colon code

This team needs a good amount of swapping characters.

rare pyro. rare lantern ring maybe and iceman TCFW

Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    rare pyro. rare lantern ring maybe and iceman TCFW
    Ive been trying to work on rare Pyro for a year now. The cards arent in archive yet.

The other thing he could do for bolt fixing is take out a character and just add iceman if he's set on an all bolt team.

What he can add is the Red Tornado uncommon
    Iceman tcfw helps if he uses the uncommon pyro.
    Some cheap bolts. I've personally used the uncommon Pepper potts with Johnny storm. Spin down and ping the characters. If not, use Peppers energy for fueling Pyros effect.

The rare shield Agent I'd also a good add on.

My first first piece of advice: get rid of that crappy quicksilver character. Expensive, crappy stats and it doesn't help you.

You can also use the old Johnny Storm Green Goliath Tactic. Field, ping GG wiping the board and then swarm in.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 10-09-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    What he can add is the Red Tornado uncommon
    Iceman tcfw helps if he uses the uncommon pyro.
    Some cheap bolts. I've personally used the uncommon Pepper potts with Johnny storm. Spin down and ping the characters. If not, use Peppers energy for fueling Pyros effect.

The rare shield Agent I'd also a good add on.

My first first piece of advice: get rid of that crappy quicksilver character. Expensive, crappy stats and it doesn't help you.

You can also use the old Johnny Storm Green Goliath Tactic. Field, ping GG wiping the board and then swarm in.
    I agree with spartan. Quicksilver isn't crappy, he is just not that good.

I agree with spartan. Quicksilver isn't crappy, he is just not that good.
    quicksilver can deal damage, but there are better options.
    like green goliath (like spartan said) and there is also Firestorm Jason and Ronnie (which has been mentioned before)

quicksilver can deal damage, but there are better options.
    like green goliath (like spartan said) and there is also Firestorm Jason and Ronnie (which has been mentioned before)
    He's not vanilla vixen bad but there are card characters leagues above him in a four cost bolt that do so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    He's not vanilla vixen bad but there are leagues above him in four cost bolt characters that do so much more.
    There is, I agree. He isn't vixen, but he isn't gobby or tsarina or jocosta

This was thrown together in about 5 minutes. Just looked at characters for . I like for the global. I don't know why I would want to give up my sidekicks using the total fielding cost is too great also. Having with is a really good board clear I've done this many times but I really wanted to build all This is why i chose . The main reason I went with is for added non-combat damage to go along with Punisher. It's more difficult to deal with, especially with the Cyclops buff. My opponent would still have to deal with taking him out. (although I'd probably attack with him just so i could continue feeling effects) I just wanted to start a discussion using an energy specific team that didn't solely depend on combat effects. I've played and seen a lot of teams and I thought this group was neat.
    Thanks for all your suggestions and input. I don't think there are any "crappy cards" as they all have something about them that can synergies in some way with a team. Even if it's just a theme team.

Also, I've only got so many cards to build with. If i didn't use a clearly better card it might be that I don't have it. But I'm happy to accept any donations.