Thread: Krosmaster Arena

I played a demo of this at Origins. I liked it a lot but the price point was a turn-off to me, especially with Arena of the Planeswalkers coming out so shortly for $30. It's definitely fun and the component quality is awesome but that Heroscape 2.0 is what I wanted more.

Krosmaster Area is a beautiful game and a lot of fun. I love the painted minis.

When this first came out I was really into the game. I collected all the characters from Season 1 and 2 including most of the promo figures. I participated in some big tournaments including 2014 US Nationals. It became harder and harder to find people to play with. I tried to get some local interest in the game going, but it never got any traction. I think the price point of the game is a big deterrent. Season 3 came out as blind box only and I've kind of been sitting out on it ever since. I still play the online version of the game from time to time. At least all the character's I've purchased are still good for that.

Be aware that there have been some significant rules changes to the game. It probably won't matter unless you play in an event.
    official-season-2-rules-changes-summary

Also they are making some improvements in game balance by issuing errata for some of the characters that tend to dominate in organized play.
    Boss List

Maybe someday I'll come back to Krosmaster Arena. For now I only have so much room for life-style games and that is currently being filled with Dice Masters, X-Wing, and Imperial Assault.

Arena of the Planeswalkers has me interested. I just don't know if I can find players for it.
    We won a great auction on eBay for Krosmaster Arena with Kickstarter terrain, dozens of promo figures and the oversized cards. Great price too. My daughter is a big Wakfu fan so I thought Krosmaster would tie her love of Wakfu in with my love of boardgames. Today's stream went well but you could tell she was getting bored towards the end. It's hard to keep a 9 year old interested in boardgames for hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshute View Post
    Arena of the Planeswalkers has me interested. I just don't know if I can find players for it.
    We won a great auction on eBay for Krosmaster Arena with Kickstarter terrain, dozens of promo figures and the oversized cards. Great price too. My daughter is a big Wakfu fan so I thought Krosmaster would tie her love of Wakfu in with my love of boardgames. Today's stream went well but you could tell she was getting bored towards the end. It's hard to keep a 9 year old interested in boardgames for hours at a time.

It's $30 and based on a proven system. It was a no brainer for me as a big Heroscapr fan. But I don't want to derail.

I think the Krosmaster price point, even on an island and not considering other games, is a bit much. It rivals (or comes close to) full-blown minis games.

It's a shame that this game can take quite a bit of time to set up, otherwise I would play it a lot more than I currently do. Buddy of mine picked it up a while back and the few times we played it, we really, really dug it. Although making the crates and trees and everything else every single time we want to play can be such a hassle.

It does take a bit to set up, placing all those tiny kama coins over the board. I ended up gluing the crates together so they wouldn't fall apart.

FYI, Japanime Games is having a special sale on some of their Krosmaster items.

https://www.facebook.com/JapanimeGam...281389/?type=3

Base Game $50
    Season 1 Window Boxes $10
    Season 2 Window Boxes $10
    Duel Pack 1 $5
    Duel Pack 2 $5
    Multiman $15
    Not Mines Board $6
    Krosmaster Junior $20
    Brotherhood of the Tofu $15
    Dark Heroes $18 WITH the Dark Vlad Mount *WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
    Season 2 Display $75
    Season 3 Display $40

My friend and i purchased it and played a few game of it. Very fun and intertaining. Thought the price is a bit steep. I still enjoyed playing. Mainly because i won every single game. I must have had good dice-roll luck.

Was thinking about getting one of the window packs for it