Thread: Article: In The Field - "Survival of the Fittest" VS "The Doppelgangers"

Article: In The Field - "Survival of the Fittest" VS "The Doppelgangers"

Pretty cool decks guys...ive been looking into possibly building something around viscous struggle just because i like the card...also the mystique may turn into a decent answer for the various other large characters on the other team that are there just for globals (red dragon, tarrasque, blue eyes, parallax, etc.) or to turn around a jinzo, wasp, zombie magneto. So speaking of zombie magneto, i wish i could have seen a deck with him mainly because i find him to be the biggest threat to way too many decks with its new rulings and wold like to see other peoples way to deal with him. Thanks for the upload and effort everyone puts into these videos hosting and making different decks. As one small request though, is there an way these can be uploaded with a higher quality in order to be able to read the cards? either way thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Palto1826 View Post
    Pretty cool decks guys...ive been looking into possibly building something around viscous struggle just because i like the card...also the mystique may turn into a decent answer for the various other large characters on the other team that are there just for globals (red dragon, tarrasque, blue eyes, parallax, etc.) or to turn around a jinzo, wasp, zombie magneto. So speaking of zombie magneto, i wish i could have seen a deck with him mainly because i find him to be the biggest threat to way too many decks with its new rulings and wold like to see other peoples way to deal with him. Thanks for the upload and effort everyone puts into these videos hosting and making different decks. As one small request though, is there an way these can be uploaded with a higher quality in order to be able to read the cards? either way thanks again
    Zombie Magneto is one of those rare cards that was over estimated when it was released, fell somewhat flat, and then rose to incredible power when rules imbalances came up. If you have a team idea for him, I'd say now's the time and I'll see if we can get some people to give him a shot (though the rules questions are going to be a nightmare since there's a ton of unanswered questions about how he works).

As far as our recording setup, we technically could be recording all the way up to 1328x836, but YouTube would only get that to 1280x720 and even then it wouldn't really be legible. Unless one of us can get our hands on a 1440p monitor, the inherent limitations of vassal only allow us to make the window so big while keeping everything on the screen. Because of that, we're in a bit of a bind regarding how to up the video quality. That said, it may be worthwhile to tr for that little jump if people are having trouble seeing the dice numbers, so let us know about that since the cards are somewhat out of our control.

I would recommend taking out some cards while watching, or perhaps pulling the teams up in retrobox before hand to see what is being used. Most of the cards are familiar ones, so that really helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    Zombie Magneto is one of those rare cards that was over estimated when it was released, fell somewhat flat, and then rose to incredible power when rules imbalances came up. If you have a team idea for him, I'd say now's the time and I'll see if we can get some people to give him a shot (though the rules questions are going to be a nightmare since there's a ton of unanswered questions about how he works).

As far as our recording setup, we technically could be recording all the way up to 1328x836, but YouTube would only get that to 1280x720 and even then it wouldn't really be legible. Unless one of us can get our hands on a 1440p monitor, the inherent limitations of vassal only allow us to make the window so big while keeping everything on the screen. Because of that, we're in a bit of a bind regarding how to up the video quality. That said, it may be worthwhile to tr for that little jump if people are having trouble seeing the dice numbers, so let us know about that since the cards are somewhat out of our control.
    yeah, ive encountered a couple of questions on some different situations with zombie magneto...i will probably look for/create a thread for these situations and get some discussion on the subject...as for the resolution, thanks for looking into it.

Awesome Job once again Guys. keep up the good work.