Thread: FatalityTeam (aka Douchebag Bolt Team)

Fatality Team (aka Douchebag Bolt Team)

I made this team just to push the ping damage to the limit and this is what I came up with:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou127medium.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	3414

Pandora's Box

Field Fatality to do a max of 11 direct damage and then use the left over on Mr. Sinister's global (and Human Torch's ability in case she's Level 3) to KO her for 2 more damage. BWAH-HA-HA!!!
    Last edited by vonVile; 10-13-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Nice. Do you think you'll have a lot of cases where you'll actually get Cyclops active?

Ghost Rider's fielding costs are horrific. If you just need a cheap bolt character I'd go with SHIELD Agent, the Rare is also good against Avengers teams/characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    Nice. Do you think you'll have a lot of cases where you'll actually get Cyclops active?
    I have Big Entrance and Ghost Rider for ramp, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Ghost Rider's fielding costs are horrific. If you just need a cheap bolt character I'd go with SHIELD Agent, the Rare is also good against Avengers teams/characters.
    I'm not fielding him. He's just ramp. I could stick any 2 cost character in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    I have Big Entrance and Ghost Rider for ramp, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not fielding him. He's just ramp. I could stick any 2 cost character in the slot.
    We know you're using him for cheap bolts but there are times when you may need to field them if you arent getting that energy. Just go with field agent for the cheap bolt. Gives a body.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 10-11-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    or

Why not use these?
    The point of the team is to abuse Fatality's fielding ability and those 2 cards' globals don't help. Globals can't be used until after the fielding step making Iceman's useless and I'm doing way more direct damage. Blue-Eyes White Dragon doesn't really help because its Global works for my opponent as well compared to Mr. Sinister's. I don't have expensive cards to buy, so BYWD is impractical. 5 cost characters aren't hard to buy, 6 is when it becomes a challenge. Also I don't play YGO.

I like to build teams using the least amount of Globals and if I do use them they only work to my advantage even if my opponent uses them. I give my opponent nothing. This is why I don't use PXG at all and consider it the lazy player's solution for team building.

The point of the team is to abuse Fatality's fielding ability and those 2 cards' globals don't help. Globals can't be used until after the fielding step making Iceman's useless and I'm doing way more direct damage. Blue-Eyes White Dragon doesn't really help because its Global works for my opponent as well compared to Mr. Sinister's. I don't have expensive cards to buy, so BYWD is impractical. 5 cost characters aren't hard to buy, 6 is when it becomes a challenge. Also I don't play YGO.

I like to build teams using the least amount of Globals and if I do use them they only work to my advantage even if my opponent uses them. I give my opponent nothing. This is why I don't use PXG at all and consider it the lazy player's solution for team building.
    He is misunderstanding. When I first started I thought the main phase was in steps. In reality you can do any of the things it says in any order as many times as you want.

As for making a stab at those using PXG. You are going to have a hard time if your stance on PXG is being too proud to use it. It is a good card and gives great filtration and ramp. Honestly the only time I won't use it is it my group is making decks without it on purpose, if my opponent is going to bring it and I know it, or I have another form of ramp in mind. The way your deck stands now it would take so long to setup that you would have an issue staying alive without either a form of ramp to get there quicker or a way to stall your opponent so they don't kill you while you setup a complicated combo. If you don't want to use Blue eyes or PXG, I would definitely suggest Iceman. Your deck is 100% bolts and if you get screwed turn 1 on a roll then your whole deck falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    it's a fun idea

but the problem is like... you're trying to field a firestorm, then a cyclops, then a blue beetle, then a mr. sinister, and THEN start getting and fielding fatality and cheetah

it's just a lot to set up, which is why most teams either focus on a jason and ronnie approach, or an iceman (and now) rare lantern ring approach
    This ^

We aren't trying to discourage your idea, I think doing that much damage with one fielding sounds great. The whole problem is the amount of time you have to use to setup with no available ramp. This all assuming your opponent does nothing the whole time you're setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    This ^

We aren't trying to discourage your idea, I think doing that much damage with one fielding sounds great. The whole problem is the amount of time you have to use to setup with no available ramp. This all assuming your opponent does nothing the whole time you're setting up.
    "Assuming your opponent does nothing the whole time you're setting up" Which is very unlikely . Its constructed. Usually they are taking the fastest route to kill you.

Okay, I updated the team adding in SHIELD Agent: Need To Know. I don't have this card, but after seeing it, it was perfect. It allows you to take already fielded Agents and reroll them, so for those worried about ramp there you go.

As for Fatality getting that magic 13 damage, I know its highly unlikely, but she'll be hitting an average 5-6 damage every time she's fielded. Even if Mr. Sinister isn't fielded saving 2 to KO her at end of my opponent's turn to refield her on mine will destroy him in no time.

As for making a stab at those using PXG. You are going to have a hard time if your stance on PXG is being too proud to use it. It is a good card and gives great filtration and ramp. Honestly the only time I won't use it is it my group is making decks without it on purpose, if my opponent is going to bring it and I know it, or I have another form of ramp in mind. The way your deck stands now it would take so long to setup that you would have an issue staying alive without either a form of ramp to get there quicker or a way to stall your opponent so they don't kill you while you setup a complicated combo. If you don't want to use Blue eyes or PXG, I would definitely suggest Iceman. Your deck is 100% bolts and if you get screwed turn 1 on a roll then your whole deck falls apart.
    I should rephrase what I meant. 9 times out of 10 somebody will bring PXG, so there's no reason for me to waste a slot on my team for it. I build teams so that they don't rely 100% on PXG for them to work. If my opponent has it, I'll gladly leech off him to make him dread using it. The card is not as great has players claim it is.

PXG is rated at 5/5, but I say its 3.5/5 tops. The reason being is that my opponent can use it too, so there is no real major advantage outside of helping get those 7+ cost characters out to get the team to function. You may get that big guy out, but I'll have twice as many of my cheaper characters out faster doing damage.
    Last edited by vonVile; 10-13-2015 at 08:38 PM.

If you want consistency I really would suggest using Iceman Too cool for words. Then you will 100% get 3 damage per fielding.

For your PXG reasoning that is a perfect reason not to put him on your team.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    PXG is rated at 5/5, but I say its 3.5/5 tops. The reason being is that my opponent can use it too, so there is no real major advantage outside of helping get those 7+ cost characters out to get the team to function. You may get that big guy out, but I'll have twice as many of my cheaper characters out faster doing damage.
    I disagree a little. Some teams with cheap characters rely on being energy heavy for a variety of reasons. If one has such a team, PXG may be 5/5 despite allowing your opponent access. I tend to like combos which are energy heavy. I like options. But I've recently played a lot of games without PXG and you can generally get big characters plenty early without it. Now, maybe this Fatality team doesn't need it, but that seems debatable based on preferred style of play.

I think the most definitive answer to whether or not to bring it is to determine the gap between your play and expected opponent play with PXG and compare that to the same gap without.

TCFW essentially adds to the tfc, but guarantees the ability to fire. Plus, if you're ever locked out of fielding Fatality, buying Iceman and fielding him is a far better prospect than buying and fielding Professor X.