Thread: S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent - Need to Know Basis

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent - Need to Know Basis

Okay, I'm confused on this card. If I am reading correctly from the WizKids site, are Avenger teams dead due to this card?

* During your Roll and Reroll step, you may reroll any number of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents or [Avengers] character dice.

http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb...hp?f=10&t=7913

I totally understand that I can reroll my newly drawed agents or avengers. I even get that I can reroll my guys from my own field. However, if I can reroll my opponent's avengers, isn't that too strong?

Let us pretend that I can reroll my oponent's dice in my turn. Do they all go to the reserve pool? Wouldn't that effectively delete them all from the field that turn? Thus possibility board wiping an Avengers team with a mere cost two rare card?

Further questions... if I roll character faces on my opponent's dice, do they stay in the field on those newly rolled faces? If I roll energy do they go to the used pile or the prep area? Either way if the card lets you reroll anyone's avengers, do people even use avengers anymore? It seems way too risky now. Does this mean Hulk is dead? I'm so confused.

My initial perception of the card was that it simply gave you a second reroll third roll total) on your shield agent and avenger dice that you drew that turn. Now with the wizkids site... it sounds entirely too powerful. Thoughts?

It is widely believed to be an overpowered ruling. Functionally, anytime you re-roll a die it always stays where it is (if it can). If you Reroll a character into a character, it stays fielded at potentially a higher or lower level (this is NOT "fielding" for triggering effects). If you roll it to energy, energy can't be in the Field so it moves to the Reserve Pool to be available to pay for Globals.

I doubt that most people would "choose" to play that way, but WKRF explicitly said that's how the card works.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I doubt that most people would "choose" to play that way, but WKRF explicitly said that's how the card works.
    Yeah that's weird. I seriously doubt whomever designed the card intended for it to be able to reroll oppoent's fielded characters.

How do most tournaments handle the ruling? My thing is I want to start playing in tournaments so I need to practice that way too. Thanks!

Avengers are not the only team your opponent could bring. These guys have good Avengers hate, but it isn't a garuntee win against Avengers. First, they shield agent needs to be level 1 or 2, second it needs to stay alive until your reroll step, and with only 2 defense that can be an issue.

Lastly, if you aren't running Avengers, the agents do very little for you against non-Avengers teams. This guy is a good balance of targetted hate, but vulnerable and nearly useless against non-hate targets. Is he on top of choices for the 2 cost bolt list, possibly. But he is not an auto win card, even against the most Avengery of Avengers teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Avengers are not the only team your opponent could bring. These guys have good Avengers hate, but it isn't a garuntee win against Avengers. First, they shield agent needs to be level 1 or 2, second it needs to stay alive until your reroll step, and with only 2 defense that can be an issue.

Lastly, if you aren't running Avengers, the agents do very little for you against non-Avengers teams. This guy is a good balance of targetted hate, but vulnerable and nearly useless against non-hate targets. Is he on top of choices for the 2 cost bolt list, possibly. But he is not an auto win card, even against the most Avengery of Avengers teams.
    I am adding to this: You should at least have 1 Combo with another Character that has an "When fielded" effect or at least a for a Johnny Storm , for me thats the best bonus he gives me in a match.