Thread: Red Lantern team

Red Lantern team

Hi everyone! I'm new to the game (I know, I'm late to the party but I was in the middle of Magic the Gathering releases) and to this site as wel.

Anyway, formalities aside, as the title says above. I'd like to create a team based on the Red Lanterns. Here are the Red Lanterns I have

Spectre, Celestial Frenzy
    Mera, Furios Fatale
    Supergirl, Enraged
    Guy Gardner, Heated
    Atrocitus, Atros of Ryut
    Bleez, Victim
    Dex-Starr, Dexter of Earth

Still unsure as to what Actions and other stuff I might need. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.
    Also, forgive me for not putting the pics of the cards up. Still learning how to work this site.

For pics, see here:

Forum Colon Codes (War of Light is wol)

For strategy, what is your Win Condition? What are you using to remove opponents characters that are inhibiting you? How are you going to afford higher cost characters?

As i said i am new to the game so I was hoping for suggestions with this.
    I have a few basic action cards that are decent removel but not exactly top notch

Villainous Pact
    The Oppression Begins
    Vulnerability
    Enslavment
    Shockwave
    Casualties
    Feedback
    Riteous Charge

Basiaclly what I did was bought 18 boosters of War of Light followed by some cheap action cards. I thought if i had a better idea of what i wanted to do with the team i could go from there.

Not sure what i want to go with involving win con. I suppose i'll have to re think this team.

upon pondering this a little more. I'm thinking it might be good to add a Lantern Battery and this

Quote Originally Posted by Dicemage250 View Post
    As i said i am new to the game so I was hoping for suggestions with this.
    I have a few basic action cards that are decent removel but not exactly top notch

Villainous Pact
    The Oppression Begins
    Vulnerability
    Enslavment
    Shockwave
    Casualties
    Feedback
    Riteous Charge

Basiaclly what I did was bought 18 boosters of War of Light followed by some cheap action cards. I thought if i had a better idea of what i wanted to do with the team i could go from there.

Not sure what i want to go with involving win con. I suppose i'll have to re think this team.

upon pondering this a little more. I'm thinking it might be good to add a Lantern Battery and this
    It help if you had Helps your character purchase cost be lower. A lot of the red lanterns have terrible fielding costs.

Out of the best lanterns I've seen have been the Blue and Green Mix. They have the best synergy. Couple of the reds too mainly Guy Gardner and Supergirl.

and for the Red Lanters. Maybe Dex-Tar

maybe use guy gardener blinding rage to raise his stats while he attacks. I agree with spartan, Kyle Rayner is good for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    maybe use guy gardener blinding rage to raise his stats while he attacks. I agree with spartan, Kyle Rayner is good for the team.
    He's very good. With little ramp in the set, go for the character that deducts for EVERY color.

Might as well throw in jade

Funny thing I just pulled these selected cards, that you guys suggested, today at the shop so I will be incorperating them in to my team. Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions. This is really going to help a lot. I'll be throwing in Kyle and Jade for sure. I'll Keep Guy and Supergirl in cause i already had them in the original build. Might as well add Dex as well. He's pretty cheap and has decent Stats.
    any thoughts on the Lantern and ring items?
    any suggestions on Actions?

Funny thing I just pulled these selected cards, that you guys suggested, today at the shop so I will be incorperating them in to my team. Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions. This is really going to help a lot. I'll be throwing in Kyle and Jade for sure. I'll Keep Guy and Supergirl in cause i already had them in the original build. Might as well add Dex as well. He's pretty cheap and has decent Stats.
    any thoughts on the Lantern and ring items?
    any suggestions on Actions?
    In my draft and constructed team I use to pump up my Green and Blue Lanterns. There was a combo I made up in a draft which was using and They either block Flash or Supergirl. Either way they are taking big damage. If Flash goes through he's pumped up from the ring. A good pair with the ring which is my second favorite was . With the Ring active he can block and attack because the ring is considered a green Lantern. Added with plus 1 A/D he becomes beefy especially that level 3 side.

My other pick from the Lantern was . I had the thought today to use once Mogo was fielded. It's cheaper to field Warth and just activate his effect and buy your lanterns. Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner plus Mogo out then Warth. That's a possible 2 cost SuperGirl or Flash. is also a nice edition to pump up those Red Lanterns. (I had a lot of time to think about this. The juices are mixing with lantern combos)

As for basic actions I used and

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    In my draft and constructed team I use to pump up my Green and Blue Lanterns. There was a combo I made up in a draft which was using and They either block Flash or Supergirl. Either way they are taking big damage. If Flash goes through he's pumped up from the ring. A good pair with the ring which is my second favorite was . With the Ring active he can block and attack because the ring is considered a green Lantern. Added with plus 1 A/D he becomes beefy especially that level 3 side.

My other pick from the Lantern was . I had the thought today to use once Mogo was fielded. It's cheaper to field Warth and just activate his effect and buy your lanterns. Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner plus Mogo out then Warth. That's a possible 2 cost SuperGirl or Flash. is also a nice edition to pump up those Red Lanterns. (I had a lot of time to think about this. The juices are mixing with lantern combos)

As for basic actions I used and

I like everything you suggested so far except for Saint walker. Just not a fan of this guy. Still I could always try him out in it and see how he does. Thanks for your suggestions. Also that combo is pretty nice! I may think about Flash as well. Thanks again!

St Walker + the Common Lantern Ring is great stats and fielding cost for 2-. Worst thing is you can't read the die.

Have to agree with st.walker and blinding rage Gardner with the ring is great combo

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Have to agree with st.walker and blinding rage Gardner with the ring is great combo
    Gardner is a must for my team so he's in there. Not really a fan of Walker but I went ahead and put him in. He does a great ability and it really helps the whole team out so I'll have to stick with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    St Walker + the Common Lantern Ring is great stats and fielding cost for 2-. Worst thing is you can't read the die.
    Have them both in here now. I like the synergy, even if I'm not a fan of Walker I have to admit he's doing much for the team.

Thanks again everyone for all of your suggestings. Also, thank you for helping out a new player.

Quick and dirty combo for being aggressive on a budget:

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Quick and dirty combo for being aggressive on a budget:

I do have and they are in there. But I don't have . I won't be using Yugioh stuff anyway. I'm not a fan of the set in general.
    Thank you for your suggestions though. It dose look like a good combo.

I do have and they are in there. But I don't have . I won't be using Yugioh stuff anyway. I'm not a fan of the set in general.
    Thank you for your suggestions though. It dose look like a good combo.
    That's a shame. I get why people don't want to use them, but it's sad to see so many great cards wasting away.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    That's a shame. I get why people don't want to use them, but it's sad to see so many great cards wasting away.
    I understand, But I just can't get over the art. I guess my OCD is wacked. lol. To be fair, I agree that it is a really good aggro combo.