Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Possible turn 3 win

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephernaut View Post
    So I know there are some decks that can win turn three, like the Patch, Ant-man thing. Here's one that I have come up with. The key in this is Spider-man. Let me know what you all think. http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-bu...5126-1;4507-1;
    Ive been killed by Wolverine, Colossus and infiltrate combo. Nothing new.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephernaut View Post
    Wolverine is in there as a back up, Spider-man is the main attacker for my strategy.
    Best explain how this a turn 3 win.

  5. #5
    "possible" turn three, use a bolt for Red Dragon global, buy Infiltrate, save two mask for PXG, turn two, buy Spider-man, save 3 masks for PXG, turn 3 if everything goes right, use infiltrate on spider-man, attack, pay to add 4 defense, swap attack and defense and double with colossus. even at level 1 thats 20 damage. Relentess before hand if you need to. I went this route, because Wolverine at level one wasn't enough damage, this route, you might not get the energy, either way though.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephernaut View Post
    "possible" turn three, use a bolt for Red Dragon global, buy Infiltrate, save two mask for PXG, turn two, buy Spider-man, save 3 masks for PXG, turn 3 if everything goes right, use infiltrate on spider-man, attack, pay to add 4 defense, swap attack and defense and double with colossus. even at level 1 thats 20 damage. Relentess before hand if you need to. I went this route, because Wolverine at level one wasn't enough damage, this route, you might not get the energy, either way though.
    Problem with these few turn teams is that you have to roll perfectly.

    If it's for fun by all means go for it.

    Also Wolverine does enough damage getting that 4 plus boost added with Colossus. Level 1 he's swinging a possible 19 with one hit.

  7. #7

  8. #8

  9. #9
    2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion
    360

    Location
    Akron, OH
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    But 19 isn't 20!
    Red dragon was part of my strategy when Randy and I introduced this at Gencon. Level one FWX in this build does 18, but ideally you've done one with Rd turn 1 and can do another turn 3 depending on the number of blockers that need cleared. In one shot combos, efficiency is everything. You should have the attitude that there is no room for miscalculation. I like the Spidey idea. Hadn't seen that before.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephernaut View Post
    So I know there are some decks that can win turn three, like the Patch, Ant-man thing. Here's one that I have come up with. The key in this is Spider-man. Let me know what you all think. http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-bu...5126-1;4507-1;
    I was coming up with a similar concept team with Nick Fury - Patch and turning him into an avenger yesterday. I almost like this better, minus the fact you give your kill condition to your opponent!

    As for any changes I wouldn't mind seeing: Spray common for Mera's global and Parallax's global to fix rolls maybe instead of FWX and kobolds?

    Anywho, neat combo, kudos!

  11. #11
    Search for the Copper Dragon Phoenix Force Team. It is the same concept. And as for Patch, there is also an Infiltrate team for him using Ant-Man and Mystical Elf from YGO. All of them the exact same idea, just a variation on the theme. Since Patch would hit twice instead of doubling his damage from Colossus.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgemental View Post
    I was coming up with a similar concept team with Nick Fury - Patch and turning him into an avenger yesterday. I almost like this better, minus the fact you give your kill condition to your opponent!

    As for any changes I wouldn't mind seeing: Spray common for Mera's global and Parallax's global to fix rolls maybe instead of FWX and kobolds?

    Anywho, neat combo, kudos!
    Patch and Hulk GG work great. Using enrage/invulnerability/Horn of the Unicorn and magic missile. You can wipe the board, pump up hulk then swing in for the kill. It isnt as fast but its pretty effective.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    Search for the Copper Dragon Phoenix Force Team. It is the same concept. And as for Patch, there is also an Infiltrate team for him using Ant-Man and Mystical Elf from YGO. All of them the exact same idea, just a variation on the theme. Since Patch would hit twice instead of doubling his damage from Colossus.
    Yep that's exactly what I was doing. I'm not surprised someone else has done it.

    These crazy combo teams are so all in though! Very weak to swarm and spray teams if your opponent went first, so maybe my recommendation to cut kobold wasn't that great.

    In the end I of course agree with VastSpartan: the slower combos which allow more options are generally better , but these insanity combo teams allow for that "Whhhhaaaaattt?" reaction out of my friends/playgroup, which is occasionally fun

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephernaut View Post
    has anyone thought to try , with , and using to give your opponent some Kobolds or something? I know its not fast, was just wondering if anyone's tried it yet?
    I might go for overcrush or something since it would be cheaper than patch and i'd be able to focus on buying thor/weenie fists but I love that idea. I'm going to start working on that as soon as I get home from work today .

  16. #16
    I believe @Shadowmeld made a deck using that Thor and that Prismatic Spray. Bifrost Beatdown, maybe?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I believe @Shadowmeld made a deck using that Thor and that Prismatic Spray. Bifrost Beatdown, maybe?
    He did create a team using that. Along with Odin and Kobolds. Kobolds for the swap. I think it was also Shockwave and traphole.

  18. #18

  19. #19
    There is also this crazy Manticore / Pyro combo that can go unlimited as well. Look for the posts about Midwest Open. It is also lots of fun to play.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    There is also this crazy Manticore / Pyro combo that can go unlimited as well. Look for the posts about Midwest Open. It is also lots of fun to play.
    I may get some flak for this, but I actually find that team incredibly boring to play and/or play against. It's a strong combo, but it doesn't feel like I'm outplaying my opponent or doing anything interesting.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I may get some flak for this, but I actually find that team incredibly boring to play and/or play against. It's a strong combo, but it doesn't feel like I'm outplaying my opponent or doing anything interesting.
    It's a team for face reaction. Watching the opponent slowly losing life. It creates a lot of pressure.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    It's a team for face reaction. Watching the opponent slowly losing life. It creates a lot of pressure.
    I can't argue that of course, it's tried and true to be very good. It just don't find it enjoyable to play.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I can't argue that of course, it's tried and true to be very good. It just don't find it enjoyable to play.
    Yeah, it's not very fun. It was my first deck when I started to play and very limited. Hence why I put Phoenix - Redd to be a bit more agressive.

  24. #24

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamA View Post
    I heard that the Manticore / Pyro combo that can go infinite has triggered a game play change so that "Out of Play" applies on both your own and your opponent's turn; thus removing the "infinite" portion of the combo. Can anyone confirm the game play change? Also, this would effect PXG so now it'll be as efficient on your own turn as your opponent's.
    People have been speculating that this change will be made, but nothing official has been stated on the matter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •