Thread: Dice Tower Recommendations?

Dice Tower Recommendations?

I want something decent. It doesn't have to be carved mahogany with the nicest felt laid down on the platform, but I want something with a preferably padded platform (to keep dice from flying), that can roll a decent sized amount of DM dice, and keep them from flying out and all laying flat without any consistently getting caught on top of another or crooked between some.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I'm willing to spend some money, so make suggestions without thinking about it. I'm not going to get something that's $200 I don't think - maybe if it gives massages and makes drinks, but I'll consider things.

I bought this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dicemasters-...item339ba1ee0a

It certainly isn't the floor model, but it works. I like that you can lift it up and the dice stay on the playmat. It's pressboard, so you can't really beat it up, but it's been great so far. I bought a cheap plexiglass one and my kids broke it in less that a week.

I'm thinking about going real hard and getting some Wu-Tang graphics on this to go with my play-mat: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1017431...how_panel=true

Going to customize the wood and trimming and felt colors and everything, too. Probably have it made a little bit bigger.

I already contacted the seller/artist, and am anxiously awaiting to hear back, with black and white line art, and all of the exact specifications attached, and included, in the message.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    I'm thinking about going real hard and getting some Wu-Tang graphics on this to go with my play-mat: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1017431...how_panel=true

Going to customize the wood and trimming and felt colors and everything, too. Probably have it made a little bit bigger.

I already contacted the seller/artist, and am anxiously awaiting to hear back, with black and white line art, and all of the exact specifications attached, and included, in the message.
    Can you take that apart?

The Dice Tower podcast group makes a nice little collapsible one I got at Origins if portiable is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Can you take that apart?
    Yes you can (look the 3 or 4 picture in the gallery)
    @SlapsterMcFlash

Take them for Penny made out of gold
    https://wyrmwoodgaming.com/product-c...s/dice-towers/

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Yes you can (look the 3 or 4 picture in the gallery)
    @SlapsterMcFlash

Take them for Penny made out of gold
    https://wyrmwoodgaming.com/product-c...s/dice-towers/
    That's taking apart? Giant piece of wood in the screen shots.

The folks at my store have been getting these. Not sure if they meet your qualifications, but you could easily add a felt lining to the tray to get the padding you're looking for.

I got a chessex dice boot for $10 at a convention the other week and I love it. Simple, open bottom and disassembles nice and flat. It takes a minute to assemble it every time, but it's worth it for the convenience and price point. Been thinking of going full narwhal and adding googly eyes and a felt mustache to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    The folks at my store have been getting these. Not sure if they meet your qualifications, but you could easily add a felt lining to the tray to get the padding you're looking for.
    How do they do with dice flying out or anything?

Another main reason I like the link I posted is because I can get it customized with art really nicely - meaning I'll get a Wu-Tang Dice Tower to match my playmat.

These are customizable as well, and I haven't seen any issues with flying dice, though they are relatively small so some times 15+ dice may not fit in one single roll. Most Dice Masters game work though, it's only the hedge PXG cases that might give you issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Been thinking of going full narwhal and adding googly eyes and a felt mustache to the front.
    When you do, please post pics. Haha.

I got a chessex dice boot for $10 at a convention the other week and I love it. Simple, open bottom and disassembles nice and flat. It takes a minute to assemble it every time, but it's worth it for the convenience and price point. Been thinking of going full narwhal and adding googly eyes and a felt mustache to the front.
    @OddballNarwhal would approve

I like where this is heading! The way mine has been rolling lately, however, I'm thinking of getting some glasses for him. That way he can see how his rolls hurt and disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    I like where this is heading! The way mine has been rolling lately, however, I'm thinking of getting some glasses for him. That way he can see how his rolls hurt and disappoint me.
    I have to admit, I just burst out laughing and may have to copy that one. I kid you not, the past dozen or so rolls of my d20 through my dice tower to decide who goes first have been 3 or lower for myself. I can't remember what going first in a game feels like anymore!