Thread: What is your favorite 4 player game right now?

What is your favorite 4 player game right now?

So which 4 player boardgames get the most rotation in your current playgroups?

Right now our main 4 player games in rotation are Freedom Underground Railroad, Puerto Rico, Smash Up and TTR Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    So which 4 player boardgames get the most rotation in your current playgroups?

Right now our main 4 player games in rotation are Freedom Underground Railroad, Puerto Rico, Smash Up and TTR Europe.
    It's not a physical board game, but for the past few months I've been loving Dokapon Kingdom, if you count it. I think I'll do a write-up on my blog about it at some point, my friends and I really enjoy it and have sunk dozens upon dozens of hours into it.

As a quick summary, it's basically what you get when you throw Mario party, monopoly/fortune street and an RPG into one game and let it loose upon the unsuspecting world. It plays out like a board game where each player spins to see how many spaces they get to move across the board each turn.

The goal is to fight monsters and level up in order to defeat boss monsters and complete difficult challenges while investing in towns or castles you liberate to create more tax money for the king, while playing a few minigame events every now and then throughout the course of the game. When the final boss is defeated, whoever has the most assets is declared the winner. It's an older game for the nintendo wii, but it's tricky to actually get a copy of since it's become popular in recent years.

I don't get to play games with 4-players very much, but when I do I tend to reach for one of these:

Flash Point: Fire Rescue.
    Pandemic.
    Pandemic: The Cure.
    Marvel Legendary.
    Tsuro.
    Takenoko.
    Lords of Waterdeep.

(In no particular order)

Splendor is pretty good with 4.

I played 5 Tribes with 4 players tonight and it played really well at 4. Before tonight I had only played for 3 so was not sure if the dynamic would change any and it doesn't really.

Takenoko is really super awesome, as well as Smash Up...but my votes go to: King of Tokyo, Castle Panic, Super Dungeon Explore, and Sentinels of the Multiverse. Honorable Mention goes to Quarriors and Letters to Whitechapel.

Quote Originally Posted by mimethemimic View Post
    Takenoko is really super awesome, as well as Smash Up...but my votes go to: King of Tokyo, Castle Panic, Super Dungeon Explore, and Sentinels of the Multiverse. Honorable Mention goes to Quarriors and Letters to Whitechapel.
    Recently played Letters and I did enjoy it. Have Spector Ops and it plays the best with three In comparison.

Forgot to mention Caverna as another favorite 4player

If King of New York had the powers like King of Tokyo has I think King of New York would be a better game. I really like Splendor for what it is, but I'm not sure it's a game I would like to play a lot. I haven't had the chance to play Specter Ops, though I want to try it. One person in my group dislikes the game so it's not a game that gets much table time.

Not a single game on this list I disagree with, especially King of Tokyo.

The ones I currently love are:
    Eclipse - I prefer this with 4 because you get more room for exploration.
    XCOM - So much fun!
    Blood Bowl Team Manager - I'll never play the miniatures game again, because this feels like playing a whole season with my team in just over an hour.
    Taj Mahal is my euro pick - I love games with the "walk or war" mechanic
    Tragedy Looper - do you know about this game? First time I played it, my mind was blown!

I really want to try Freedom Underground Railroad.