Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The most underrated card in Dice Masters in....

The most underrated card in Dice Masters in....

Name a card that you think is great, but no one else talks about? Have you had any success with a card that seems to fly under everyone's radar?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Common Vixen!

:P

(Someone had to!)
    No joke. That's the best drink coaster released in Dice Masters to date!

Smash the basic action. Very versatile global with an action that can help in a pinch (and with a bit of spin down in your build becomes pretty good removal).

Some people use it but I swear by Gearing up and I don't think many other people use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    Some people use it but I swear by Gearing up and I don't think many other people use it.
    Every team I put together ever has used it.

on the paper and in a 1on1 duel i wold say this guy

Unique in itself, can negate everything except damage with 1 Energy.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    on the paper and in a 1on1 duel i wold say this guy

Unique in itself, can negate everything except damage with 1 Energy.
    Thank you! I have been touting Tiger a long time to Randy and Shadow who have pooh-poohed him in response. And I understand their response. The problem is despite being the best evasion in the game, he needs help and isn't fast enough nor slow your opponent enough in competitive play. Plus the other versions of Spiderman (let alone those yet to come) fit better with many strategies.

But I played against a sneaky 3 cost shield last night that is pretty amazing. Gelatinous Cube can be super frustrating.

Here is my second card(i want him so badly!):

I can cancel Globals completely, even for yourself, so he is a tricky one! He needs a Level Up mechanic and to be fielded.

But if not the best anti global and best Supporter for your globals all-time in DM.

Every time I build something with this card, it always works incredibly well. The global is just so powerful and good at pressuring your opponent.

As for DCK @Ressless , you beat me to that one. The rare DCK fits very well in a lot of different teams and is a pretty great control card. Even if your opponent can techincaly bait him out, it's still costs energy to do so, which could have been spent elsewhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	3415

This is a pretty nasty combo as well, I've made some great control teams with it.

EDIT: Thinking about this for ten seconds after posting it made me realize that this could be a budget aggro strategy:

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Dude View Post
    Smash the basic action. Very versatile global with an action that can help in a pinch (and with a bit of spin down in your build becomes pretty good removal).
    I like this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Invisible Stalker: Greater Elemental

^^^this
    combos with:

I've always been a HUGE fan of this guy and have been using him since AvX. He's gotten a bit more love recently but still isn't as recognized as he should be!

I don't see a lot of people talking about this one. Here's what I like:

1. She's a strong bolt character.
    2. Great ability, especially when paired with Anger Issues or Hulk Out.
    3. With that global and her stats, she's pretty good at getting rid of stuff you don't want.
    4. She hits three of the four areas of quadrant theory. No ramp, but she can keep you in the game with her defense, win the game with offense, and definitely break up parity.
    5. She is pricey, but not over priced. Her purchase cost and TFC are fair for her stats.

The hidden sleeper from AvX and when paired with Transfer Power, she can become a crazy force to deal with. With Big Entrance and PxG, she becomes very economical to purchase and counters a great many things.

Name:	1067089.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	3419
    One of my favourites in the game, answers a lot of questions and is just a great beat stick.

One of the cards I'm trying out recently though is this:

Name:	1068746.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	243.4 KB 
ID:	3420

Works super well against any team pretty much. Think if it was a 5 cost it would virtually be game breaking, but I don't see anyone talking about it.

And why she isn't on more teams just blows my mind. If you're not running Polymorph, Millennium Puzzle, or any action that targets, she can be such a powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post

Name:	1067089.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	3419
    One of my favourites in the game, answers a lot of questions and is just a great beat stick.

One of the cards I'm trying out recently though is this:

Name:	1068746.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	243.4 KB 
ID:	3420

Works super well against any team pretty much. Think if it was a 5 cost it would virtually be game breaking, but I don't see anyone talking about it.
    I wrote a blog post about that mind flayer actually...

http://www.thereservepool.com/entrie...le-Local-Metas

I did not see this. You also included Mystical Elf, which is by far my favourite card from the YGO set. Combined with Blue Eyes it's excellent.

I've always felt this card was very underrated especially when paired with

don't hate me for liking
    i don't like him as much as i used to but it is a decent card in my opinion.
    is another one of my favorites.
    is also really good on heavy bolt teams