Thread: Price guide for Dice Master cards?

Price guide for Dice Master cards?

Is there a web site or mag that has the price of all the Dice Masters cards?

The prices of cards fluctuate so much. A $12 rare might be great now, but next set a perfect counter comes out to it, and it drops to $7 or 8.

With sets coming out so fast, there's no hard value for a card. Best bet is to check online stores like CSI and the going rate on ebay.

Also, go to ebay and edit your searches by looking for sold or completed auctions. This, I feel, is the best indicator of value by telling us what people are willing to pay for it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Also, go to ebay and edit your searches by looking for sold or completed auctions. This, I feel, is the best indicator of value by telling us what people are willing to pay for it right now.
    The one thing to keep in mind is there will not always be an auction/sale that recently ended, so prices can be out of date. It is only reliable within a reasonable time frame, so the values of some cards can be up in the air.

What happened to the plans to implement something like this here, @Ken ?

(And why does @Ken not work?)
    (But it did after I edited?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    What happened to the plans to implement something like this here, @Ken ?

(And why does @Ken not work?)
    (But it did after I edited?!)
    I actually have a couple of sources where I can already pull data from. Those work, and one of them is one of the biggies, eBay. However, the other biggie in the U.S. is CoolStuffInc. I'd love to launch the service with those two (eBay & CSI) to provide good reference pricing, plus a smattering of others. I'm not sure if I'd want to put too much more time into the system if I couldn't get at least those two. Perhaps eBay is enough for people to find the system useful (along with the other sources I can pull from that have less inventory than eBay or CSI).

Back to CoolStuffInc--the holdup with them is their website's terms of service which (among other things) forbids spidering their site for prices. I've sent a couple of emails to them requesting an exception to terms of service. I've not heard back. Anyone have any connections over there? I mean, we're trying to send sales there way. You'd think they'd be happy about that. And I'm a reasonably common customer of theirs, so I'm not exactly a stranger. (I'm $12 away from being level 8 in their customer loyalty program).

If any of you have any strings to pull with them, and you want further ammunition, I'd point out that the spidering I'd be doing is very focused, causing only 21 additional page loads to their site each day. That's nothing! (That stat is what it would be currently--that number will keep rising as more sets are released, about 3 extra daily page loads for each set released, but the point is we're talking about very low additional load on their server with a good upside for them).

Even if I did get a green light from CSI today, it might be a couple of weeks before I move my attention back to the pricing service since I've got the behind-the-scenes work for the vector art project and also I've got the special support for DiceMastersDB and Retrobox teams project taking some time at the moment in addition to some other not yet announced projects.

Ok thanks everyone. It seems like the price veries due to what cards are "in" basically like Magic with the newer sets.
    I'll check CSI and Ebay for references on prices. Thanks again.

Anyone else miss Inquest Magazine? By far the best pricing guide and most of the time the articles were helpful and humorous. I sometimes wonder what ever happen to Rick Swan.

If we do start something like that here, I'd recommend sticking to only super rares and the higher end rares/promos unless there is a common or 2 that skyrocket for some weird reason. After trying to keep a pricing sheet at the shop for 7 years, this was the only way I could do it and stay sane.

The general plan was for the pricing info to initially be just a list, presented as a big 'ole table, of current pricing of all cards, updated daily. This would be automatically generated/updated, the system only requiring attention when new cards come out.

That later would be expanded to show pricing on individual card wiki pages, including price history there, and again be 100% automated.

@Ken : I think just eBay to start with would be absolutely fine.

But totally understand about the time vs numerous projects issue.