Thread: Internal ramp/churn options

Internal ramp/churn options

When you bring a global, you also bring it for your opponent.
    Thus being able to ramp/churn on your own I feel is becoming more and more important.
    Also, this ability to internally ramp/churn decreases the dependence on globals like PXG and BEWD.

We've heard about these on this site's more recent podcasts:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff013-minionharper.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	3421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff023-apprenticeundead.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	3422Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff075-greaterhumanoid.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	3423Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff127-epicbeast.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	3424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bffop06-legendarydragon.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	3425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jl022-zatannazatara.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	3426

But what about these options?!?!?

Name:	bff107-paragonhumanoid.jpg 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	3427
    This version is not used as much as Kobold-Greater Humanoid.

Name:	wol104-brother.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	3428
    This one is overshadowed by the rare version.

Have you used either one of these?
    What internal ramp/churn options do you like to use?

I keep wanting to use this guy.

Orange, the cost 2 is used when the local meta is anti-kobold. As for your team you need Ant Man with his global to make the vampire effective. Trust me, I love using the vampires, and that one in particular but only when my opponent has to choose between 6 damage or KOed character, life gain, and dice prep for me.

As for your team you need Ant Man with his global to make the vampire effective.
    Thank you for your response but this is not the team I'm trying to field. Instead it's a selection of cards that have an ability that will prep die without having to depend on PXG or BEWD.

Orange, the cost 2 is used when the local meta is anti-kobold.
    This is good advice too.

Overall, I'm looking for the community to help compile a list of cards that can help ramp/churn. These cards will not all be used on one team but can be incorporated in the makings of a team.

Has anyone used Warth for ramp?
    Name:  wol104-brother.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  20.7 KB

Hes one cost for one die. You might be able to get a ko too but I dont think cards like that are the most effective ramp. Same goes for when people resurrect every turn just because. Ive used that warth in drafts a couple times and didnt feel like it gave that much of a dice advantage.

Hes one cost for one die. You might be able to get a ko too but I dont think cards like that are the most effective ramp. Same goes for when people resurrect every turn just because. Ive used that warth in drafts a couple times and didnt feel like it gave that much of a dice advantage.
    I actually think he may be pretty good in constructed teams if he's the only lantern character you bring. The reason why is that "at the end of your turn you will KO him." He doesn't need to be knocked out via combat or BEWD. When "Warth is knocked out he goes to prep and another die goes to prep via his ability." This means by just ending your turn you prep two die. One of these dice is Warth, which could roll up to two energy. If the other die if is a sidekick, it could roll a single energy and if it's a character die, it could roll up to another two energy. Thus by just ending your turn, you could generate up to four energy.

Am I reading this card correctly?
    And if you keep cycling him his purchase cost of three would be well worth it in my opinion. Your thoughts?

OrangeLion, I realize that this isn't the Thread for this but if you're interested I have an extra SR Stirge if you want to buy/trade. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeLion View Post
    I actually think he may be pretty good in constructed teams if he's the only lantern character you bring. The reason why is that "at the end of your turn you will KO him." He doesn't need to be knocked out via combat or BEWD. When "Warth is knocked out he goes to prep and another die goes to prep via his ability." This means by just ending your turn you prep two die. One of these dice is Warth, which could roll up to two energy. If the other die if is a sidekick, it could roll a single energy and if it's a character die, it could roll up to another two energy. Thus by just ending your turn, you could generate up to four energy.

Am I reading this card correctly?
    And if you keep cycling him his purchase cost of three would be well worth it in my opinion. Your thoughts?
    His fielding cost of 1 makes it so you actually paid 4 to possibly get 4 energy, you'd need to cycle him at least twice before you end up ahead, but that would also require fielding him twice to net 3 energy and prepping 2 dice over 2 turns, and your likely return rate is actually lower than that.

His fielding cost of 1 makes it so you actually paid 4 to possibly get 4 energy, you'd need to cycle him at least twice before you end up ahead, but that would also require fielding him twice to net 3 energy and prepping 2 dice over 2 turns, and your likely return rate is actually lower than that.
    Thanks so so much for taking the time to post this. I didn't even consider the fielding cost and your rationale is spot on. Thank you.

Here are some more internal ramp options.

Name:	jade 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	3445Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jade 2.jpg 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	3446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jade 3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	3447

I haven't actually used these ones yet, but I had an idea to build some kind of team with Lex and the OP Constantine. The idea being to use Constantine for a little added support to try and keep/maintain your life edge if you need it. It was Just a thought, but I haven't really explored it more in depth. They're both cheap shields though. No ideas for what the rest of a "Constantine/Lex" team would be yet.

Name:  lex 1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  37.6 KBName:  Constantine-Trinity-War-234x300.png
Views: 163
Size:  154.1 KB