Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: How is the TMNT set working?

  1. #1

    How is the TMNT set working?

    I understand the team box is coming with extra cards, but what's the difference between the "box set" and the "Tin Set?" The tin is $2 cheaper on one website, but neither describes what's in what. I want to get every single item, and I'm cool with crossing over on purchases, but I would like to know the difference, especially because of the lower price for what I would assume is more expensive. I'm thinking the tin might come in a nicer tin but maybe without certain things in the normal starter "Box Set?"

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Tin box it the same thing as the tin Quarriors box. The regular box is the same thing as the current collector's boxes. Each comes with the full TMNT set.

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Well if what IgwanaRob said is true then the only difference is the tin itself. I had that quarriors tin, it was like a 5"x5" tin with the dice,rules,dice bags and cards inside. Pretty compact. The collectors box has the dice nicely displayed and room for unsleeved cards in a plastic mold made for the collection.

    Edit* Not trying to make it sound like I believe IgwanaRob is not telling the truth, I have no reason to believe he's not, I was just getting to the point

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariolls View Post
    Well if what IgwanaRob said is true then the only difference is the tin itself. I had that quarriors tin, it was like a 5"x5" tin with the dice,rules,dice bags and cards inside. Pretty compact. The collectors box has the dice nicely displayed and room for unsleeved cards in a plastic mold made for the collection.

    Edit* Not trying to make it sound like I believe IgwanaRob is not telling the truth, I have no reason to believe he's not, I was just getting to the point
    Lol, I don't think anyone thought that. You weren't even disagreeing, just specifying.

    Thanks so much! I just didn't want to miss out on anything, but the tin sounds like a silly gimmick.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    After rereading it I didn't want to be misinterpreted just in case.

    I agree the tin wasn't very functional, I really tend not to like tins or misshapen boxes in the first place. It was rather gimmicky I think they wanted to make it look like a die, and apparently it catches the eye or I am assuming they wouldn't have used it again(though they stopped making them). The storage style of the tin wasn't very helpful, I will definitely be going for the collectors box. I am not sure why the tin would be cheaper.

  9. #9
    My understanding is that the MSRP for the Tin is higher than the Collector's Box version.

    Why a particular website would be selling the Tin version cheaper is a question you would have to ask them.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    My understanding is that the MSRP for the Tin is higher than the Collector's Box version.

    Why a particular website would be selling the Tin version cheaper is a question you would have to ask them.
    It's weird to me, too, but I thought somebody might have some idea.

    I'm thinking it's probably the lack of storage options, but I don't know.

    I hope I'm not breaking any rules posting this, but here's the retailer I was talking about: http://www.potomacdist.com/dice-mast...-marvel-boxes/

    If that is, obviously delete these last two lines.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    It's weird to me, too, but I thought somebody might have some idea.

    I'm thinking it's probably the lack of storage options, but I don't know.

    I hope I'm not breaking any rules posting this, but here's the retailer I was talking about: http://www.potomacdist.com/dice-mast...-marvel-boxes/
    Look at the MSRP per pack as listed on that site:

    Tin: $39.99
    Box: $34.99

    That company is just choosing to discount the Tin more than the Box.

    If you are not sure which one you want, wait till it's released. I doubt it will be hard to get. You'll probably be able to get it for cheaper by waiting. And you'll be able to look at reviews of the two options to see what the differences are (which will likely only be whether it comes in the old Quarriors style tin (google it if you don't know what it's like) or a collectors box style box).

  12. #12
    You can see pictures of the tin and box here

    They are the same product, just different packaging. Tin is the same dice shaped one that the Quarriors game was originally released in (Quarriors being the game engine Dice Masters is based on). The cardboard box is just the regular collector's box from the other sets.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Look at the MSRP per pack as listed on that site:

    Tin: $39.99
    Box: $34.99

    That company is just choosing to discount the Tin more than the Box.

    If you are not sure which one you want, wait till it's released. I doubt it will be hard to get. You'll probably be able to get it for cheaper by waiting. And you'll be able to look at reviews of the two options to see what the differences are (which will likely only be whether it comes in the old Quarriors style tin (google it if you don't know what it's like) or a collectors box style box).
    I'm not worried about the price, just what the price being lower says about the product, and why the one company would choose to have it be lower.

    I'm aware of what you first posted. That aside, I was still curious, and thought maybe someone else in the world could possibly help out. I did Google it, and the things I found were posts on other forums that weren't exactly specific to what I was asking.

    I don't just stop wondering something because you posted your "particular understanding." I am obviously aware that the prices are different because that company chose to make them different, I was just curious if anyone had any insight to why that might be.

    From what I have gleaned through various posts online and whatnot, the tin doesn't have good storage, at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    You can see pictures of the tin and box here

    They are the same product, just different packaging. Tin is the same dice shaped one that the Quarriors game was originally released in (Quarriors being the game engine Dice Masters is based on). The cardboard box is just the regular collector's box from the other sets.
    THANK YOU! That's all I wanted. This literally answered everything I asked, and more even (with the pictures) - without the baggage; I really appreciate it.

  14. #14

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney79 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when this will be hitting the shelves?
    Pretty sure we're looking at January right now.

  17. #17

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Do we know if there are going to be any op prizes for this set? I haven't seen anything on that yet

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    What was the point of making the tin? If it comes in a cool shape and whatnot, why isn't it more expensive?

    It seems really odd to me to make the special "tin" edition, possibly shaped in some way, cheaper, meaning something isn't as good. If it's literally just the storage, I guess that makes sense with people having Zen Bins, but it's just odd to me.
    For quarriors at least the Tin was a (I think) second printing. Everything was more compact, it came with nicer bags etc. With dicemasters I believe it's not an ideal storage solution so it's probably a bit cheaper. It is however a nice stand alone gift for the non regular DM player. Some grandmother could get this for her grandkids and they may like the shape of the tin box better than the standard collectors one. My assumption is this is geared towards people buying the TMNT set as a board game rather than an expansion to their current DM collection.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    For quarriors at least the Tin was a (I think) second printing. Everything was more compact, it came with nicer bags etc. With dicemasters I believe it's not an ideal storage solution so it's probably a bit cheaper. It is however a nice stand alone gift for the non regular DM player. Some grandmother could get this for her grandkids and they may like the shape of the tin box better than the standard collectors one. My assumption is this is geared towards people buying the TMNT set as a board game rather than an expansion to their current DM collection.
    The tin was the first edition of Quarriors. It was a bit of a gimmick because each side was painted as one of the die faces of the most expensive die in the set. So it was like having a giant die.

    Most people didn't like it because it didn't store easily on the shelf so for future printings it came in a box like the DM Collector's Box.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Tin box it the same thing as the tin Quarriors box. The regular box is the same thing as the current collector's boxes. Each comes with the full TMNT set.
    So the TMNT collectors box will have the starter set cards included and then you buy boosters? Or does it include all of the cards in the set?

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Qpublik View Post
    So the TMNT collectors box will have the starter set cards included and then you buy boosters? Or does it include all of the cards in the set?
    From what I understand, the full set will be in the box/tin, and there will be extra cards in the TMNT Dice Masters double-wide deck box "Team Box" that is released with every set. No clue if they're alternate art of totally new cards, but no gravity feeds or boosters.

  24. #24

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Tin box it the same thing as the tin Quarriors box. The regular box is the same thing as the current collector's boxes. Each comes with the full TMNT set.
    I just hope I don't have to buy 4 sets to have max die for each character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •