Thread: Article: Amazing Spider-Man Spoilers from DiceTower Review

Love that White Tiger, but I've got my feelings on that and some info on a few other cards coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    Love that White Tiger, but I've got my feelings on that and some info on a few other cards coming soon.
    Nice-can't wait!!

Blink and Gladiator are nice additions. I like the updated Wolverine dice.
    Excited for a few of these BAC's actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Jwannabe View Post
    I wonder if vultures ability can be affected by cost reduction cards?
    Nope: you're not really purchasing a card per say, you are spending 4 energy for an ability.

It is strange to see an exact dice match between two different characters. Sure yoy have hulk and red hulk, but they do have something in common...

First impressions:

-I LOVE all the art, EXCEPT for Doctor Octopus. I understand that this is when he *spoilers, from years ago* is about to die and all and then take over Peter's body to become the "Superior Spiderman," but he just looks like some weird, old Loki whose body is being dehydrated. Even if the art is from the comics, it doesn't look right by itself without context - especially given his power.

-The basic actions are badass, and I love the life gain and loss, and sacrificial mechanics
    -- I'm hoping that eventually one will be allowed to go over 20 life! Still, this should make life manipulation teams more viable. I see a lot of Silver Surfers being used, opening up a new BAC spot on teams already existing, along with the new teams that will come out.

-I can't wait for the 4 bolt Spidergirl with the underdog when fielded gain 1 and opponent loses 1 life mechanic - that's just perfect with any bolt teams, especially Jason & Ronnie based.

-The BAC "Back for Seconds" is going to get nicknamed "Sloppy" real fast, and I can't wait to use it
    - I'll have to base a team on it and Nasty Plot for my "Sloppy and Nasty" team.

-Super stoked

I might be showing my age, but I also laughed out loud when I saw Iceman with the subtitle "Amazing Friend". Really hope there's a Firestar with the same subtitle. I also kinda hope there's rarities with Xmen affiliations for them but I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post

-I can't wait for the 4 bolt Spidergirl with the underdog when fielded gain 1 and opponent loses 1 life mechanic - that's just perfect with any bolt teams, especially Jason & Ronnie based.
    I don't know about that, 4 cost is still a reeeeally awkward purchase cost, and the TFC of 5 combined with a mechanic that won't always work isn't doing her a lot of favours, especially when Firestorm teams are known for wanting to flood the field with characters. Now, I'll admit I don't play very many bolt teams because I find burn boring, but I don't see a reason to run her over gobby/cheetah/potts/shield agent/fatality/insert generic cheap bolt character here.

Maybe if the spider affiliation has something special going for it, but so far I haven't seen anything too great.

Back for Seconds is definitely going to become a reason to be mindful of field control, but I don't see Underdog as the anti-wipe some have suggested it will be in organized play. If anything, it's a reason for your opponent to just go ahead and ram everything they have into you after they Green Goliath your field away. That said, I actually REALLY like the Kingpin pictured above. Taking him off the table with Green Goliath will cost between two and four life per Kingpin die, meaning Hulk GG abusers finally have something bigger and more punishing than Solomon Grundy to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    I might be showing my age, but I also laughed out loud when I saw Iceman with the subtitle "Amazing Friend". Really hope there's a Firestar with the same subtitle. I also kinda hope there's rarities with Xmen affiliations for them but I won't hold my breath.

I so want an old school art Spidey and his amazing friends OP lit!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	390 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	3581

WizKids sure likes to print garbage cards that aren't fun to play with. 7 cost cards that aren't winning you the game? Yes please! It's like they don't even play Dice Masters.