Thread: Longest Board Game Play time you ever had.

Longest Board Game Play time you ever had.

Hey i am interested in your experience about what was your longest play time you ever had and in what game?

Also we could separate it in straight through playing and continue playing over days.

The longest i did was Eclipse in a 6 player game:

12:00 Dinner, 2 guys cooked for the group.
    13:00 preparing the table and explaining rules again
    14:00 Start
    22:30 End
    A guy and me went second place as team against a 3 player alliance and my girlfriend as lone wolf won with pure expansion to other tiles.

Normally Eclipse takes 5 hours.

Twilight Imperium in the same timespan.

Next project will be story driven twilight over 2-3 days and Mage KNight the same amount in december.

I would LOVE to play a game of Eclipse for that long... I love the game but have barely gotten to play it.

We did have an absurdly long game of Bohnanza once. Probably 2.5 hours. Lots of trading...

Otherwise, Xia, probably, but I can't remember how long it went. Love that game though...

I've heard of other games going MUCH longer... but my personal record is a 4.5 hour game of Agricola.

Myself and my two brother-in-laws were just getting into board games, each of us only having played Catan and King of Tokyo.

The only way I can ever play it is on the iPad app, which is actually really great. So if you need to I would say that that is a good alternative.

I would LOVE to play a game of Eclipse for that long... I love the game but have barely gotten to play it.
    The only way I can ever play it is on the iPad app, which is actually really great. So if you need to I would say that that is a good alternative.

I once played an 8 player game of Eldritch Horror with 4 people who had never played the game, that took probably close to 6 hours.

Gotta play the right rules for Monopoly. I've never played one that long when cutting out the house rules.

6 hours for one Munchkin game. There were 6 of us, 5 brand new players and the guy who brought the game had all the expansions/boosters mixed in the deck we were drawing from. This is also the reason why I keep a separate vanilla base game to use when I teach new people.

I think 6 player epic munchkin with way too much in it holds the record at around 5 hours or more. It was ridiculous and not in a good way