Thread: Villain Affiliation Question

Villain Affiliation Question

I'm sure this has been answered, but searching villain affiliation on this board and the official rules forum just brings up too much.

I always assumed that the Hydra looking Villain symbol for Marvel and the V for DC were the exact same affiliation, but someone brought up that they're different pictures, which I said didn't matter. I looked in the rulebooks, though, and WoL has the V standing for "Villain" and AoU's rulebook had the Hydra symbol for "Villains," or maybe the "s" was on the end of the DC one.

Either way, are they the exact same in every way, basically?

Is there anytime that it would matter?

If a Marvel card says no *Hydra Symbol* can block, for instance, would that include the *Villain V* on a DC card? I always thought so, but I'd rather ask and look stupid and be right in the future, than screw someone over.

Thanks.

it doesn't matter. is it still the villain affiliation.

Both symbolize villains. Different symbols are used to relate to the set they are from.

Try looking on the WizKids Rules Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    I'm sure this has been answered, but searching villain affiliation on this board and the official rules forum just brings up too much.

I always assumed that the Hydra looking Villain symbol for Marvel and the V for DC were the exact same affiliation, but someone brought up that they're different pictures, which I said didn't matter. I looked in the rulebooks, though, and WoL has the V standing for "Villain" and AoU's rulebook had the Hydra symbol for "Villains," or maybe the "s" was on the end of the DC one.

Either way, are they the exact same in every way, basically?

Is there anytime that it would matter?

If a Marvel card says no *Hydra Symbol* can block, for instance, would that include the *Villain V* on a DC card? I always thought so, but I'd rather ask and look stupid and be right in the future, than screw someone over.

Thanks.
    They are are same.
    It's in the compatibility wording post in the rules forum. I think it might have been in the first DC rule book too.
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=4586

I will, however, be asking on the WKRF how this relates to Gladiator: Servant of the Empress.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    Did I not initially post that I had?
    Sorry, read your post as saying only that you had searched here.

Had I read it correctly I would have been more specific.

Apologies.