Thread: Dice or Card, is there an easy way to know?

Dice or Card, is there an easy way to know?

Hi,

I'm sick of having doubts if the card is refering to the die or to the card. For instance:

Black Manta and it's retaliation I know it's based on char (cards).

Tsarina is based on dice.

Is there an easy way to tell if an ability refers for each die o for the card? I'm sick of searching WK forums ....

When it targets a character it is referring to a die. When it says the word "active" it's for each unique instance of the dice on the field if you are referring to the uncommon black manta.
    For super rare Constantine it has you name a character and if they field that character its loses its text and cannot attack that turn. In that case it means in general if a dice from that card is fielded it is affected.

This has been a real problem since day one. The other night at our draft, there was some confusion about the WoL card Lyssa Drak: Keeper of the Book of Parallax.

As you can see, she says to name a character, but she is referring to a character card. The rest of her text clears that up by saying that "if at least one of those character dice blocks...". The general rule I've learned to go by is if it says character, it means something with a card. If it says die or character die, then obviously it's a die. It's important because, for example, you can't name a Sidekick for Lyssa Drak's ability, since it's not a character with a name (at least, that's the latest ruling I've seen on it).

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    It's important because, for example, you can't name a Sidekick for Lyssa Drak's ability, since it's not a character with a name (at least, that's the latest ruling I've seen on it).
    For her ability couldn't you name a sidekick if it was on a character face?

Short rule of thumb:

Sidekick is the name of a type of die.
    The character faces of a sidekick die, has no name because it has no card.

Last time I checked (though I'm not sure I did an exhaustive search) I seem to recall not being able to find any ambiguities by applying just a few basic rules of thumb:

Abilities that refer to something that can only happen to a die = individual dice.

"Active" means "considers unique characters only".

If asked to count how many = same as "active".

If asked to count how few = same as things that can only happen to individual dice.