Thread: Article: More Amazing Spider-man Spoilers!

Article: More Amazing Spider-man Spoilers!

hobgoblin looks really good, just costs a lot, the total price and the TFC
    it also relies on you opponent using globals, so against heavy pxg teams, this will be good.

That Vulture... I want it so badly! MJ too!

Those two plus the rare Green Goblin from AvX make for a sickening combo.

Field MJ to give Vulture Overcrush. Use the GG global to KO Mary for next turn, lower your opponent's defenses, and trigger Vulture's attack boost. Swing for a 6+ Overcrusher and start the process all over again next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    That Vulture... I want it so badly! MJ too!

Those two plus the rare Green Goblin from AvX make for a sickening combo.

Field MJ to give Vulture Overcrush. Use the GG global to KO Mary for next turn, lower your opponent's defenses, and trigger Vulture's attack boost. Swing for a 6+ Overcrusher and start the process all over again next turn.
    MJ can't give a Villain Overcrush.

Haha, the set isn't even out yet and I'm already misplaying the dice!

That said, the OP Green Dragon - Legendary Dragon now has a very lovely die to pair up with for a more self-contained combo.

Rare Mary Jane is easily the best card I've seen out of this entire set so far, I'm surprised they didn't make that a super rare to be honest. Economical purchase cost, low TFC of 2, useful new ally keyword that allows for combos and a powerful, re-usuable effect that makes beatdown stronger and almost, almost makes hulk out questionable outside of draft.

First fun interaction that jumped out at me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_1.JPG 
Views:	648 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	3608 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MDM4_04Rare-127-Mary-Jane_MJ-300.png 
Views:	649 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	3607

Gladiator + MJ = Profit

Edit 1:
    Also that vulture is absurd and I love it.

Edit 2:
    Already concocting a dumb team idea featuring rare Mary Jane and Mummy: Greater undead:

Energy Drain (spin down engaged foes)
    If one or more of your Mummies damages your opponent, gain life equal to the level of your highest level Mummy.

Just think, we could call the team: Mary Jane loves her Mummy.

Boom. Just created the ultimate Mother's day team months in advance. You're welcome @Shadowmeld .

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Rare Mary Jane is easily the best card I've seen out of this entire set so far, I'm surprised they didn't make that a super rare to be honest. Economical purchase cost, low TFC of 2, useful new ally keyword that allows for combos and a powerful, re-usuable effect that makes beatdown stronger and almost, almost makes hulk out questionable outside of draft.
    I think she's pretty cool, and is going to see a lot of play, but I think the non-villain caveat, her 1 cost on 2 sides, her low attack values, and the fact that it's a "when fielded" keep her in check pretty well. She's good, but I still like several of the other ASM cards more.

That said, MJ plus Gladiator is brilliant. Throw in couple more mask characters and a force block global of some sort and just constantly smash him into a wall of blockers over and over.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I think buying BEWD is super viable with MJ. With BEWD in the field, field MJ, give BEWD overcrush, use BEWD's ability (not global) to KO MJ and give BEWD +3A. One sided Anger Issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    I think buying BEWD is super viable with MJ. With BEWD in the field, field MJ, give BEWD overcrush, use BEWD's ability (not global) to KO MJ and give BEWD +3A. One sided Anger Issues.
    That's actually another really good idea. Gladiator is more economical but BEWD has serious damage potential and much better game-ending stats. Oh, the amount of things MJ makes possible. This is probably going to be my favourite card in the set hands down the more that I think about it, just because of how many fun team possibilities it opens up for me to mess around with at locals.

So what about using BEWD and rare Grundy to allow vulture to give +8...seems like that is one of many combos that could take advantage of the +4 from vulture. Another possibility is using the ability to reroll sidekicks (things like parallax) from the field. Seems like this is going to be easy to do. Question is, will it stack if you take multiple characters off the field? According to the article, it seems like vulture will be quick to go crazy...add in an overcrush card and you might be able to swing for lethal early.

Quote Originally Posted by bbj712 View Post
    So what about using BEWD and rare Grundy to allow vulture to give +8...seems like that is one of many combos that could take advantage of the +4 from vulture. Another possibility is using the ability to reroll sidekicks (things like parallax) from the field. Seems like this is going to be easy to do. Question is, will it stack if you take multiple characters off the field? According to the article, it seems like vulture will be quick to go crazy...add in an overcrush card and you might be able to swing for lethal early.
    Something deep down is telling me that they screwed up the text and that vulture will be once a turn. Otherwise, games will be over rather quickly.

Something deep down is telling me that they screwed up the text and that vulture will be once a turn. Otherwise, games will be over rather quickly.
    That could be quite the misprint. Entirely possible. ...but I wouldn't bet any amount of money that it's NOT a misprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    That could be quite the misprint. Entirely possible. ...but I wouldn't bet any amount of money that it's NOT a misprint.
    I don't know if it's as much a misprint as it would be a lack of proofreading, like the global on the SR Parallax that they had to clarify so you couldn't roll your opponent's dice.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    In a little bit of testing last night, we confirmed he is an incredible beatstick. But, like everything else, there are answers.

Not referring to all games of course, but the potential of vulture if it isn't once per turn is huge, especially when paired with great BAC's like The outsider to purchase him and pull him with bag management on level 2 for free, with a handy +2A pump global, and Hulk out/anger issues to give overcrush/extra attack boosts. This guy has a lot of deadly, inexpensive potential, which is why I question his card text a little bit. Answers exist of course, but in multiples, this guy could get very beefy very fast.

Zombie Gladiator was one of the first cards I opened in AoU, I've been messing with him a bunch. Once my daughter bought all 3 of my hulk outs turn two. MJ could free up a BAC for Villianous Pact or resurrection to squeeze in some more prep.

Quote Originally Posted by kemelok View Post
    I want to try MJ and the ally ability with my favorite card from Yu-gi-oh
    He's a brute with Stealth Ops. Add in that Agent Venom and maybe Big Entrance, and you can set your field up for some massive unblockable swings fairly early.