Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence

Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence

So I had this idea, which I submitted for the deck design contest, but I honestly have no idea if this works or not at this point, I believe that it does.

Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence says "Place Cerebro on an X-Men die's card. It remains there until you or a card effect removes it (it is still in the field). When you field a die from that card, knock out one opposing die."

Can I use Infiltrate to turn a die into an X-men and then place Cerebro on that dies card? I wanna do this to Kobolds but I can't find a definitive ruling and the Wizkids rules forums takes so long to post anything. :/

Any help here is appreciated.

Yes but you would have to roll the Cerebro, Infiltrate, and the Kobalds all on the same turn because the affiliation lasts only till end of turn.

Maybe it would be possible, but after that turn. You have to use again Infiltrate to make it work, because otherwise your Kobold is no more an X-Men character.

Interesting!
    Kobolds do not need the X-Men affiliation to KO. They only need Cerebro to be on their card.
    The question is: does Kobolds losing the required affiliation, cancel Cerebro?

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    Interesting!
    Kobolds do not need the X-Men affiliation to KO. They only need Cerebro to be on their card.
    The question is: does Kobolds losing the required affiliation, cancel Cerebro?
    No, but if Cerebro is removed, one Kobold needs to have the affiliation once again to put Cerebro back on the card.

the main plan is to use the 1 fist energy Kobolds with swarm as my ramp and to put Cerebro on, then use the AVX Prof X rare that says your opponent has to pay 2 life to field characters. With the swarm churn and 0 fielding cost I should be able to keep my opponents board relatively clear, then use magic sword with the +2 attack for damage, and Jinzo + Wasp to stop my opponents ramp. What I really love about this if it works is it gives my 1 cost character a way to get rid of Zombie Magneto since the KO effect comes from Cerebro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephernaut View Post
    I only needed to know if you could place Cerebro on the Kobolds to begin with. I'm hoping that this is what the rules team says too, because it opens up many opportunities.
    Well maybe not very safe way to play, but a funny, play cerebro and infiltrate in teh same turn and field 3 or 4 kobolds^^.

Blog Entries
    I only needed to know if you could place Cerebro on the Kobolds to begin with.
    Once one Kobold has the X-Man affiliation,if you have Cerebro to play on that turn as well, I see no reason you couldn't. In fact, @Shadowmeld had been toying some with this very strategy, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Once one Kobold has the X-Man affiliation,if you have Cerebro to play on that turn as well, I see no reason you couldn't. In fact, @Shadowmeld had been toying some with this very strategy, too!
    So Infiltrate's effect stays on the character's card, even though it was applied to a die? Even after the affected die leaves the field?

Infiltrates effect would end at the end of turn. But Cerebro only checks if the die is an X-men when played so far as I can see.
    Hmm, never noticed the use of the word die before. Interesting.

since the KO effect comes from Cerebro.
    are you sure?

http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb...hp?f=10&t=8509

How does ignoring text/abilities work when action dice add abilities to characters and their dice?
    Treat additional abilities from action dice as abilities on those characters. Those abilities can be ignored, prevented, and modified as if they were character abilities. If an effect would give a character die +2A and Overcrush, but that character die’s abilities are being ignored, it couldn’t use Overcrush but would still get +2A. The attack bonus isn’t an ability.
    Future rulebooks will define Ability Damage as follows:
    “Ability Damage: Damage from a character that isn’t combat damage.”
    For example, Magneto: Magnetic Monster ignores Lantern Ring’s effect on character dice with Purchase Cost 3 or lower. For another example, Human Paladin’s Global Ability could reduce the damage from character dice benefitting from Lantern Ring.
    Magneto: Magnetic Monster
    “Zombie - when fielded, KO all non-[Zombie] Magnetos.
    While active, opposing characters with Purchase Cost 3 or lower lose their abilities. Professor X can't be fielded.”
    Lantern Ring: Limited Only By Imagination
    “Continuous: While active, when your characters attack, they deal 1 damage to target player for each energy symbol in your Reserve Pool that matches their type.”
    Human Paladin Global:
    "Global: Pay [1 Shield] . Reduce the damage you take from a character's ability to 1."
    -The Dice Masters Rules Team

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Hmm, never noticed the use of the word die before. Interesting.
    It's the only reason this works. But I see nothing to indicate it doesn't. It's clever, but remember your odds on getting two actions the same turn. 75% of 75% is 56%. It might need help for consistency.

Blog Entries
    should work for 2 reasons. Cerebro is what the KO effect comes from, fielding the character is only the trigger, and Cerebro is a 5 cost die, so Magneto wouldn't effect it because of cost and also because Cerebro is a personal action die, not a character, so Magneto wouldn't effect it anyway.
    I see what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure @SarkhanMad has it right. Essentially Cerebro adds an ability to the Kobolds, almost as if text were added to the Kobold card.

I've often wondered about how Infiltrate (and other villain maker globals) works. Some abilities target character cards, some target character dice. These effects targets a die, but affiliation is a character card trait.

So if I target an unaffiliated die in my field, and make it a Justice League affiliation, would aquaman make additional purchase of that character cheaper?

Blog Entries
    Wow. Wizkids, this is your call to action. Give us a list of which actions grant abilities to characters and which do not. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Wow. Wizkids, this is your call to action. Give us a list of which actions grant abilities to characters and which do not. Now.
    THIS is why some of us got so bent out if shape following the rare Lantern Ring ruling.

I guess the key here is that Cerebro does not "give" a character an ability. So apparently it does get around Magneto.