Thread: Marvel: Civil War

Marvel: Civil War

Dice Masters Marvel: Civil War announced -> http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/3...l-dice-masters

Also in the Article

In March, WizKids will release a new set for the DC side of Dice Masters (see “‘DC Comics Dice Masters’ Adds ‘Superman/Batman’”), which has been renamed World’s Finest following a similar name change for the HeroClix set featuring the same characters (see “Batman / Superman ‘Heroclix’ Set Name Changed”).

The new Dice Masters set is well timed for the release of Captain America: Civil War, which will open in theaters on May 6 (see “Best in Shows--Q2 2016”).

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    The new Dice Masters set is well timed for the release of Captain America: Civil War, which will open in theaters on May 6 (see “Best in Shows--Q2 2016”).
    Wait...so between January and May of 2016 we're getting TMNT, DND2, DCWF and now MCW. That's 4 sets in 5 months. Woah.

It's not like consumers have other financial obligations, nope.

Also, kinda looking forward to the set.

No clue what to expect with this. Avengers vs X-Men had nothing to do with the comic event of the same name, except for the OP cards. Age of Ultron had more in common with the Movie and current state of the Marvel Cinematic Universe than it had to do with the comic event. While DC's two sets so far rely heavily on the post New 52 comic universe.

Hoping this set relies on the comics, we see very few Villains, two different affiliations of Avengers, characters like Prodigy, the New Warriors, Hercules, Tigra, the Young Avengers, new versions of Punisher, Cable, and maybe even the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogonjdevil View Post
    Wait...so between January and May of 2016 we're getting TMNT, DND2, DCWF and now MCW. That's 4 sets in 5 months. Woah.
    It's actually getting to be rather insulting how much work they put into pumping out even more product (in spite of the complaints of their business model), while doing as little as possible in supporting their customers after they release stuff...

Hummingbird, Speedball, Sun Girl, make it happen, take my money.

I view this as three sets in six months really. Tmnt is sort of the bonus baby with few cards and costing only 35 bucks. That would be an every other month model and I think that is the sweet spot I hope they are shooting for.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    It's actually getting to be rather insulting how much work they put into pumping out even more product...
    You have an interesting opinion. So far this year, Wizkids has released 5 "sets" not including The Amazing Spider-Man. They have announced another 4 sets for the first half of the year thus far. They are on par to release a total of 8 sets by the end of 2016. We will see if they can keep improving the quality of the products.

And I know better than anyone that they do not do enough in rules support. But, NO ONE can say that they are not evaluating the current situation. Simply put, we have no idea if they are looking for someone to take on responsibilities for a common communal rules system, or directly looking for an EE to handle it. And since post people are complaining instead of looking at what can be done, progress doesn't appear. Frankly, we have no idea if they are working on a Compendium reference or not. What we CAN see is the improvements to key words, standard verbiage (I.e. Targeting), and somewhat less confusion about the English on cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogonjdevil View Post
    Some of this has to do with two major superhero movies releasing within a month and a half of one another - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice on March 25 and Captain America 3: Civil War on May 6.

Wizkids seems to want to time their set release dates to coincide with movie release dates wherever possible, which I find understandable. (Given that, I'm actually kind of surprised they renamed the DC set "World's Finest" instead of something like "Batman vs Superman").

Which leaves them either ignoring their other licensed IPs for even longer than they already have, or a crowded release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    I view this as three sets in six months really. Tmnt is sort of the bonus baby with few cards and costing only 35 bucks. That would be an every other month model and I think that is the sweet spot I hope they are shooting for.
    I'd be happier with every other month if every other set was a smaller set, whether through boosters or a TMNT-style, self contained box. Three big sets and three small sets a year I'd be down for.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    I'd be happier with every other month if every other set was a smaller set, whether through boosters or a TMNT-style, self contained box. Three big sets and three small sets a year I'd be down for.
    This. Or 4 big sets a year. Or something, because that release schedule is kind of absurd. It's really awkward when a new set announcement is immediately followed up by groans from my wallet.

Cue posts about how it's a hobby, and that hobbies are expensive, plus it's a collectible game, so you should have known from the start, but it's so much cheaper than Magic, and anyway, if you can't afford it you should just stop buying.

Looking at the Announcement Schedule and this year in releases, I am seeing a lot of parallels. I realize this year has delays. And we have a prediction thread here.

So 2015 first then 2016 Announcement
    January Yu-Gi-Oh: Series 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    February D&D: Battle for Faerun D&D: Faerun under Siege
    March delayed DC: World's Finest
    April DC: Justice League
    May Marvel: Civil War
    June delayed
    July Age of Ultron
    August Expecting DC: Suicide Squad
    September DC: War of Light
    October
    November Marvel: The Amazing Spider-Man Expecting Marvel: Dr. Strange's Menagerie
    December

This leaves room for a Summer Event Set, which might be closer to RDW instead of TMNT sized Set and of course, the infamous slippage. I see no indications that the speed of the sets is increasing. So far, seems like a repeat of 2015.

Edit: Noperino. Hold the phone. Need to talk with said person again to make sure I am even allowed to say things.
    Last edited by Scum; 01-01-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Cue posts about how it's a hobby, and that hobbies are expensive, plus it's a collectible game, so you should have known from the start, but it's so much cheaper than Magic, and anyway, if you can't afford it you should just stop buying.
    that last part is something of an oversimplification of previous points made, but ok

I'm personally super stoked for all of these sets
    I think the game is most fun when drafting (read MOST, not ONLY or anything like that), personally, so the more newness, the more fun drafting is/can be

I also just love buying new stuff tbh

Okie dokie. After having a conversation with the person I got information from - I can say as much as distributors are allowed to say.

Wasp, Taskmaster, Jessica Jones, Iron Man, Spider Man, Captain America, Loki, Rocket Raccoon, Nitro.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Okie dokie. After having a conversation with the person I got information from - I can say as much as distributors are allowed to say.

Wasp, Taskmaster, Jessica Jones, Iron Man, Spider Man, Captain America, Loki, Rocket Raccoon, Nitro.
    What? No Black Widow or Wolverine? No set is complete without them!

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post

10 cost Zombie Hulk, that's what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post

They'll probably be in there.

I think this set is going to shape up to be a lot like AOU in that it'll represent the Marvel cinema and TV universe of 2016 more than it will represent that one story it's named after.

From a consumer standpoint I do wish releases were a bit slower, but the way wk normally has delays they probably will be anyway.
    From a gamer I'm excited for new cards, new combos and themes, and a continually changing meta.
    I also appreciate the effort wk is putting in to support the game with op and rules forum work.