Thread: Article: New Dice Masters Release Announced Marvel: Civil War

Article: New Dice Masters Release Announced Marvel: Civil War

Sweet! I'm a little nervous that we'll see lots of the same characters that are already in DM when there are SO many characters that we haven't seen yet, but this set will be a nice addition to the game. At this point in time, I'm most excited for the card art. McNiven FTW.
    I'm anxious to see the new mechanics and how that will interact with other sets!

With the recent continuous improvements to the game verbiage and mechanics, there is a lot of excitement.

The Marvel Civil War storyline has / had a wealth of characters including new villains. At this point we only know that Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man are part of the set. I am more interested how closely it will tie in with the expected movie release vs. the comic universe storyline.

For additional review, the Marvel Wiki information about Civil War is here -> http://marvel.com/universe/Civil_War

I think this set will see an addition of some new mechanisms for in faction battling. This set saw Avengers vs. Avengers so some cards may mirror that theme. I can see a few globals, basic actions or abilities that make it beneficial or difficult to attack a member of the same faction. For example, Captain America gets +1A for each Avenger he is engaged with or cannot be blocked by characters of the same faction.

Quote Originally Posted by jojodadevil View Post
    Too much too fast. I love dice masters but just because a movie comes out doesn't mean I need more cards. I am ready to quit this game.
    I agree, they are rushing sets, but that isn't a real reason to quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Adimantium10 View Post
    Sweet! I'm a little nervous that we'll see lots of the same characters that are already in DM when there are SO many characters that we haven't seen yet, but this set will be a nice addition to the game. At this point in time, I'm most excited for the card art. McNiven FTW.
    I'm anxious to see the new mechanics and how that will interact with other sets!
    I think Civil War will open up lots of new characters! We could expect to see Cloak, Dagger, Ragnarok, Taskmaster, and god knows who else - Not to mention the inevitably cool Iron Spider Suit Spider-Man variant we'll get.

Cloak Dagger and Iron Spider are all i Amazing Spideman. Check out the spoilers thread for a few examples.

Quit then?

Honestly if you feel like that then you should quit variety and new mechanics are what make this game never get old and new strategies are constantly being made to create ultimate team. WHY even comment to let others know you want to quit??? Just do it and quit trying to get unnecessary attention

Quote Originally Posted by jojodadevil View Post
    Too much too fast. I love dice masters but just because a movie comes out doesn't mean I need more cards. I am ready to quit this game.