Thread: HUlk Vs Hulk

They'd keep bouncing back and forth until one was KO'd.

I think, when a Hulk Green Goliath is going to KO, receive = or more than his defense, he deals 2/3 damage for the last time, and then the other Hulk in the opponent field goes KO too.

Yep, Hulk's ability triggers when he is damaged, so, the ability of the first Hulk to be KO'd triggers when he is damaged and then resolves after he is KO'd.

In most cases this results in both Hulks being KO'd.

But, when I sat down and worked through the combinations, I found that there was one combination that resulted in one Hulk surviving.

But I don't recall what the combination was.

Quote Originally Posted by JONNYNHM View Post
    Thank you, At the tournament it was ruled that the trigger would not happen because the first hulk would be Ko before the trigger. I just wanted to check the ruling.
    The triggered effect would still happen if Hulk was alive at the time of the trigger (effects must complete once started), even if he's KO'ed because of the damage that triggers the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Yep, Hulk's ability triggers when he is damaged, so, the ability of the first Hulk to be KO'd triggers when he is damaged and then resolves after he is KO'd.

In most cases this results in both Hulks being KO'd.

But, when I sat down and worked through the combinations, I found that there was one combination that resulted in one Hulk surviving.

But I don't recall what the combination was.
    The above example of a level 2 vs level 3 would allow the level 2 to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    The above example of a level 2 vs level 3 would allow the level 2 to survive.
    How would that work out? No matter who you ping with the Magic Missile global, they both still die.

If you ping the level 3 Hulk:
    7/8 | 7/7 ---> 7/8 | 5/7 ---> 4/8 | 5/7 ---> 4/8 | 3/7 ---> 1/8 | 3/7 ---> 1/8 | 1/7 ---> 0/8 | 1/7 ---> 0/8 | 0/7 ===> Both dead

If you ping the level 2 Hulk:
    8/8 | 6/7 ---> 5/8 | 6/7 ---> 5/8 | 4/7 ---> 2/8 | 4/7 ---> 2/8 | 2/7 ---> 0/8 | 2/7 ---> 0/8 | 0/7 ===> Both dead

Both Hulks die in a matchup between a level 3 and a level 2 Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    How would that work out? No matter who you ping with the Magic Missile global, they both still die.

If you ping the level 3 Hulk:
    7/8 | 7/7 ---> 7/8 | 5/7 ---> 4/8 | 5/7 ---> 4/8 | 3/7 ---> 1/8 | 3/7 ---> 1/8 | 1/7 ---> 0/8 | 1/7 ---> 0/8 | 0/7 ===> Both dead

If you ping the level 2 Hulk:
    8/8 | 6/7 ---> 5/8 | 6/7 ---> 5/8 | 4/7 ---> 2/8 | 4/7 ---> 2/8 | 2/7 ---> 0/8 | 2/7 ---> 0/8 | 0/7 ===> Both dead

Both Hulks die in a matchup between a level 3 and a level 2 Hulk.
    I always assumed that if the hulk is no longer active, his ability doesn't trigger. I guess that makes sense that the level 3 makes one final attack before succumbing to his KO status.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    I always assumed that if the hulk is no longer active, his ability doesn't trigger. I guess that makes sense that the level 3 makes one final attack before succumbing to his KO status.
    Yep.

As explained earlier in the thread. Hulk's ability triggers when he takes damage, but resolves after that damage is processed (which may involve KOing the Hulk).