Thread: Article: The Transition Zone: The Top 10 Cards Worth the Investment to Seed Your Competitive Collection

Article: The Transition Zone: The Top 10 Cards Worth the Investment to Seed Your Comp

Nice Article Isaac ! You forgot to mention , that you must multiple the number of cards with every set, to see again if they have a synergy @_@ .... just kidding.

Last Picture is the correct one, but also the correct one! Red Lanterns raaaa!

Also i couldnt agree more with your Top 10 List, even when it is a control and heavy damage perspective.

I think i would add Professor X as the Cherry of the top.

Thanks!

I thought about PXG, and a few other common cards but these are cards you need to pay a little bit for, so I wanted to only include ones that were worth spending the money on. Luckily PXG is cheap enough that he doesn't break the bank to use. These other guys take some money to get a hold of.

I know this is a list of ten so cuts had to be made somewhere and this is a very good list of all the essential cards, but i would make one change...lantern ring is a great card but it is new and has not seen as much tournament time as a card like tsarina...but you can make a point that in the "current competitive meta" lantern ring is better card...i would like to see you go ahead and make it a top 20 list now because there are some great cards still (zombie magneto, rare wasp) that should be invested in. Good list though and all cards are great cards and deserve a mention in this list.

I would have included Tsarina over Gobby.

But then I've never been a fan of that little green menace.

Quote Originally Posted by Palto1826 View Post
    I know this is a list of ten so cuts had to be made somewhere and this is a very good list of all the essential cards, but i would make one change...lantern ring is a great card but it is new and has not seen as much tournament time as a card like tsarina...but you can make a point that in the "current competitive meta" lantern ring is better card...i would like to see you go ahead and make it a top 20 list now because there are some great cards still (zombie magneto, rare wasp) that should be invested in. Good list though and all cards are great cards and deserve a mention in this list.
    Zombie mags is a huge part of the meta, and I did include him, he is up there

And yes Lantern Ring is new, but it has seen some play competitively (SLCC) and at some other smaller levels I would imagine that are store specific. I look forward to hearing what the PDC shows us about the ring and if it does rise to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I would have included Tsarina over Gobby.

But then I've never been a fan of that little green menace.
    I had a hard time picking between Tsarina and Gobby, but I think he sees a bit more play still and I don't think Tsarina's high price tag is worth the investment for new players. When the ring can turn lots of characters aggressive, she slowly starts to lose her star status. Not that she isn't good, I just think she is starting to get overshadowed.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Zombie mags is a huge part of the meta, and I did include him, he is up there

And yes Lantern Ring is new, but it has seen some play competitively (SLCC) and at some other smaller levels I would imagine that are store specific. I look forward to hearing what the PDC shows us about the ring and if it does rise to the top.
    he is up there...weird...i just missed it because the card image isnt there so when writing the response i didnt notice...i love the lantern ring card and it is in my best deck and it is deserving of the mention thats why this list at ten it was hard to make that cut.

Great list. We have at least two of each of those cards (Tsarina, too) so that my son and I can play any strong team that we choose.