Thread: Thoughts on a control team

Thoughts on a control team

(Kang-Rare)

Looking at this as a possible team to play with in the near future. I don't have a consistent access to Vassal. Love to hear your thoughts and places I could improve the team.
    Last edited by hwetzel; 11-02-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks Eladryll. I made some adjustments based on your input and they worked pretty well in the one play test I had.

Here's the team i've been running.
    4x SHIELD Agent - Need to Know Basis
    3x Nova - Human Rocket
    2x Iceman - too cool for words
    2x lantern ring - limited only by imagination
    1x pxg
    Magic missle and distraction
    This is an aggro build. It can win on turn 3 with the right rolls, and that is without any combat damage. It has some flex spots i left out, but i feel that running human paladin is giving your opponent the tools to fight your win con. I like psylocke. When ring is out and your holding bolts for pxg ramp, you can do aome chip damage.

I'm confused. All but SHIELD Agent are 4+ cost characters. Zombie Mags only effects 3 cost and below characters. So he can still MM Nova and use Iceman's Global with the LR:LOBI. How does that wreck his team?

Nova doesn't fear z-mag. Zombie Magneto slows the roll of the team, but nova and magic missle still do just fine. With a ring in the field and nova even on his lowest side, if you rolled all your side kicks and use iceman global you can get 15 dmg in one swing.

I've seen something just like sewnwings' team build work. A guy at my FLGS used it to devastating effect against me last night. (In fact - is that you Jeff?)

We played a couple of times casually, and I played 2 teams against it - a Vibe spin down build and a cheap Villain Deathstroke-centric build.

you need more removal, loki laufeyson is good, or maybe storm goddess of the plains

Remove the Human Paladin, his global will nerf Nova, Fatality, and the Lantern Ring.

first, the code for justice league is jul not jl.
    maybe magnetic monster or jinzo.