Thread: Out of Play

Out of Play

I thought I asked some of this somewhere but can't find it anymore.

I found this link
    http://dicemasters.com/wp-content/up...-USED-PILE.pdf

But what happens to unused Basic Action Dice and Unused Character dice during the Main Step?

What happens to Unblocked Dice During the Attack Step? which go to the Out of Play/Spent Dice area and which go to Unused and when do they all get moved to Unused for each case, Attack Step and Main Step.

Is there an updated Out of Play Rules page?

At the end of the Main Step, un-fielded characters go directly to Used. All actions (including basic actions) and energy remains.

At the end of the turn, unused actions go directly to Used during the Cleanup Step. Any dice (character, action, or sidekick) on an energy face remain in the Reserve Pool.

Out of Play, or the "Transit Zone", is basically a waiting area for energy you use during your turn and non-Continuous Actions you use during your turn. The intent is that you can only ever "use" a die once during your turn, so there is no way of using it and then getting it back from the Used Pile with an effect (or refilling your bag with it and drawing it to use again).

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    At the end of the Main Step, un-fielded characters go directly to Used. All actions (including basic actions) and energy remains.
    Even Actions that were Used during this step?

Out of Play, or the "Transit Zone", is basically a waiting area for energy you use during your turn and non-Continuous Actions you use during your turn. The intent is that you can only ever "use" a die once during your turn, so there is no way of using it and then getting it back from the Used Pile with an effect (or refilling your bag with it and drawing it to use again).
    This is a good way to think of it

I was just reading through the turn description in the War of Light Manual, since it it the most updated. I think it covers all your questions, you have to read the whole thing, sometimes they sneak things in odd spots.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat67 View Post
    Whenever any (non-Continuous) actions are used, their effect takes place, and they go directly to the Transit Zone at that point.

Playing Actions
    You may use the action faces on your action
    dice during your Main Step. To do so, apply
    the effect and then move the action die from
    your Reserve Pool to Out of Play (it will go to
    your Used Pile at the end of the turn). It costs
    no energy to use an action die.

Quick, ask another question so we can answer at the sametime!

characters that get through go to the used pile, spent energy goes out of play.

Did you mean unblocked charatcures? Don't they go Out of Play?

"Unblocked characters are moved Out of Play after dealing damage,
    before any other effects resolve other than those that would replace
    damage. They’ll go to the Used Pile during Cleanup."

I was watching a vid Scorpion made on youtube and during his during he passed priority to his opponent who had at the time:

3 Sidekick in Used and 2 masks in the Reserve
    He spent one Mask on PXG moving 2 from Used to Prep Leaving 1 PLUS the mask he just spent. Now 2 in the Used Pile
    Then spent the second mask to move those 2 from Used to the Prep. Leaving 1 in Used and 4 in Prep.
    How is that allowed with abiding to "using only one die per turn"?

or at least thats what I think I saw. at 5:40 (might have to go back further to see what he had before) in this vid

I was watching a vid Scorpion made on youtube and during his during he passed priority to his opponent who had at the time:

3 Sidekick in Used and 2 masks in the Reserve
    He spent one Mask on PXG moving 2 from Used to Prep Leaving 1 PLUS the mask he just spent. Now 2 in the Used Pile
    Then spent the second mask to move those 2 from Used to the Prep. Leaving 1 in Used and 4 in Prep.
    How is that allowed with abiding to "using only one die per turn"?
    The "Transit Zone" doesn't exist on your opponent's turn - spent energy (on globals) goes directly to Used. This is why most people will save Masks to use PXG on the opponents turn.