Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Continuous

  1. #1

    Continuous

    I want to make sure I'm understanding Continuous correctly.

    Lets say my opponent is using Lantern Ring: LOBI (I know its waiting on a ruling). so if they roll the non-energy side, they get to move it straight into the Field for free?

    And if I don't have a character to be able to remove my opponent's LR: LOBI, it just remains there the entire game giving him/her that ability? That seems like such an advantage, regardless of what the ruling is on the card.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkat67 View Post

    And if I don't have a character to be able to remove my opponent's LR: LOBI, it just remains there the entire game giving him/her that ability? That seems like such an advantage, regardless of what the ruling is on the card.

    Basically, but no worries. There's tons of options against the Lantern Ring now. Check this thread for a bunch of "anti-action" options. And when it comes to the lantern ring you can also add Captain America Super Soldier to the list.

    http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...antern-Battery

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    Basically, but no worries. There's tons of options against the Lantern Ring now. Check this thread for a bunch of "anti-action" options. And when it comes to the lantern ring you can also add Captain America's cards ( from aou ) to the list.

    http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...antern-Battery
    Thanks! but I get if you have a card against it but what if you don't. Two guys build their own teams and come to play together or you play certain formats or random like we do. If I dont get a card that specifically takes out Action Cards then it just stays in the field the entire game? that just seems like a major flaw in the game to me.

  4. #4
    Well, it's just like so many other cards really. Continuous actions aren't the only cards that will set you back if you don't have a counter. But as soon as the next set comes out we'll have at least 9-10 counters for this, which is pretty nice. Just make room for one slot in your build and maybe your opponent will start thinking twice before bringing it. It's all good m8

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    Well, it's just like so many other cards really. Continuous actions aren't the only cards that will set you back if you don't have a counter. But as soon as the next set comes out we'll have at least 9-10 counters for this, which is pretty nice. Just make room for one slot in your build and maybe your opponent will start thinking twice before bringing it. It's all good m8
    I agree, I've come across certain characters that opponents have had that were a pain where I wished I had a certain counter BUT I could still do regular combat to try to remove character. There was still a hope. But in this new style of card where NOT having a counter is basically game over is a little strange I think.

  6. #6
    Lantern Ring can't block, so instead of doing damage to it to remove it, just do damage to your opponent to get rid of it. After their health reaches 0, their ring isn't a threat anymore.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Lantern Ring can't block, so instead of doing damage to it to remove it, just do damage to your opponent to get rid of it. After their health reaches 0, their ring isn't a threat anymore.
    Hmmm...interesting approach, I'll try that. lol

  8. #8
    There's truth in that. And even before life total reaches 0.
    If your applying enough pressure of your own, and keeping their SK's off the board, they'll have to keep their characters back for defense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •