Thread: Thunder Struck

Thunder Struck

A while back, one of the episodes of TRP or TPA (sorry, don't remember) featured a team using Odin-Gungnir and some version of Thor. The idea was to combo Thor and Odin to bring down the thunder and one shot your opponent. After listening to that episode, I've wanted to try it out. Here is the team I built.

The heart of the team is unblockable, double damage dealing Thor.

This is a very slow team. It takes a while to get all the pieces in place, and even if you roll everything you want (I usually don't), you are still looking at turn 5 or 6 before you get all the pieces out. By that time, some games are all over.

So I wanted a strong supporting cast that would provide good cover.

I also used Iron Fist from Rainbow Draft weekend.

Captain America and Iron Fist negates almost all non-combat damage. Wasp denies PXG ramp to your opponent. and SHIELD Agent lets me keep ramp going by getting that first Avengers character in for free each time.

My first step is to get Wasp out to shut down my opponent's ramp and SHIELD Agent to help maintain my ramp. I want to get my defensive shield up with Cap and Iron Fist as quickly as possible. Once those pieces are in place, I patiently get Nick Fury, Odin and Thor out.

For basic actions, I brought:

and

What do you think?

Odin seems like a really expensive win-more to me. A narrow one at that.

Just for laughs replace Odin with:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou103medium.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	3724 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou99medium.jpg 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	3726

What's one more point to purchase Thanos when you have PXG?

Odin is what makes Thor (essentially) unblockable.

Odin's text:

Odin can't be blocked by characters with lower D than him.
    * Neither can Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    Just for laughs replace Odin with:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou103medium.jpg 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	3724 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou99medium.jpg 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	3726

What's one more point to purchase Thanos when you have PXG?
    Sadly, Thanos + Patch + Argonaut is cheaper than Odin + Thor + Patch. I love the theme, but this does it better and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Joepancreas View Post
    I built a somewhat similar team, but went with the Nick Fury that lets you field Avengers for free, and the SHIELD Agents that you can reroll. The Agents helped me get Thor and Odin pretty quick, and if your opponent has just one fist character out, he is a minimum of a 9 attack. I like your idea of combining Prof X and Wasp though.
    I played one game where having the ability to reroll that very stubborn Thor would have been helpful.