Thread: Gelatinous cube Question

Gelatinous cube Question

Hey guys, Something that I've been unclear on is, does gelatinous cube's activated ability end if it is knocked out. On the card text it says that it lasts until it is used again (referring to the ability) so does that mean that knocking out the cube, which would normally end a capture doesn't in this case. It seems like it wouldn't but I've been wrong about this stuff before so I was wondering if there was a ruling or something for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff009-masterooze.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	111

Great question. We were talking about rulings in general at Nationals and the prevailing wisdom was that if it could go one way or the other, and one of the interpretations seems too powerful, then it isn't that one. To me, a KO not getting him cancelled seems a little powerful - BUT, of course, the card doesn't specify which is why we have the question. My gut says it ends because there aren't enough effects that would just cancel it.

Ok, Awesome. That's kind of what I was thinking but I didn't properly find out exactly how capturing worked until I got this card. Now its on the fact that it does say 'instead of', which it shouldn't which annoys me.